Animal Wishlist (Very Endangered IRL and would be nice in game)

This list are things IRL that are very endangered, some that will go extinct in our life time, It'd be nice to see the in this game

Habitat Animals:
1. Northern White Rhino (Effectively extinct, only 2 left in the world, both barren females that cannot breed)
2.Saola (critically endangered from habitat loss, habitat fragmentation, illegal hunting for meat and fur)
3. Amur leopard (Less than 100 left)
4. Scimitar Oryx (Extinct in the wild, only in captivity now)
5. Eastern Sumatran Rhino (about 15 left, smallest known rhino species)
6. Black Rhino (3 subspecies already extinct, Eastern black rhino nearly extinct)
7. Sumatran Tiger (less than 400, deforestation, agricultural development and poaching are problems)

Exhibit Animals
1. Yangtze giant softshell turtle (effectively extinct, 3 males left alive)
2. Red Crowned Roofed Turtle (only around 500 left, die mostly from dams, illegal fishing nets, pollution)

Oh - the California Condor! Big enough to be a habitat species, rare enough to be exciting. Our zoo is one of the very few facilities allowed to breed the birds and they have a few on display that are not suitable for breeding. They're incredible animals.

@Sirithiliel the northern white rhino is already extinct. There’s been plans in place to resurrect the species but so far nothing. I’d much rather have the southern white rhino instead as it could very well suffer the same fate some day.

@Sirithiliel the northern white rhino is already extinct. There’s been plans in place to resurrect the species but so far nothing. I’d much rather have the southern white rhino instead as it could very well suffer the same fate some day.

Two females of Northern White are still alive, living in Ol Pejeta reserve, Kenya

@YannHom true I am aware of the two left but with them too old to breed and also no northern males left this species is already technically extinct. I’ll still take the southern subspecies any day over the northern as it’s a much more realistic choice and like I said in another 10-20 yrs could possibly be in the same position. I did see they are actually using a surrogate southern white female to try to save the subspecies or at least prolong the extinction but it will still be 2-3 yrs before we have babies on the planet not to mention an uphill battle they said.

Last edited:
I would also prefer the Southern White Rhinoceros. Even if a few Northern White Rhinos get cloned successfully (which I really hope) they would still be extremely rare. I would like it to have very rare Animals in the Game but not so rare that there are only such few left.
My Favorites of the already mentioned Animals would be the Spix Macaw and the Amur Leopard. Sumatran Tigers would be also great. They look different enough from the Bengal Tiger and they are often kept in Zoos where I live. Przewalski's Horse and the other already mentioned Species that aren't too rare, would be also absolutely great. I would love a Extinct in the Wild DLC.

I would also like to see the Mangarahara-Cichlid in the Game. It's the rarest Fish in the World (or at least one of the rarest). The natural Habitat doesn't exist anymore and they would be a great Exhibit Animal because they would move more than the other Animals. We would also finally get a Fish in the Game. A perfect Example how Human Neglect of Nature can lead to the Extinction of a Species

Oh - the California Condor! Big enough to be a habitat species, rare enough to be exciting. Our zoo is one of the very few facilities allowed to breed the birds and they have a few on display that are not suitable for breeding. They're incredible animals.
I agree. They'd be a great addition to the game, though they are capable of flying out of an exhibit. The San Diego Wild Animal Park has theirs in a large enclosure with a netted roof over it. I don't know if the game engine currently allows for three-dimensional enclosures, but large flying birds (storks, Ibises, raptors and so on) and free flight aviaries for smaller bird species are an absence I feel in this game, since they are popular in real-life zoos..

Well, technically, both peafowl and flamingos can also fly and they're in the game and can be put in open exhibits. So, the condors could be handled the same way - hops and low flights, with the assumption that a few of their wing feathers are clipped.

Well, technically, both peafowl and flamingos can also fly and they're in the game and can be put in open exhibits. So, the condors could be handled the same way - hops and low flights, with the assumption that a few of their wing feathers are clipped.

Both peafowls and flamingos are something you see in open exhibits in real life. You don't see that with birds of prey so you can't really compare it. Birds of prey often rest places they can only reach by flight and in general use flight more than birds like peafowls and flamingos, which spend a lot of time on the ground in the wild too

Rare species, huh? Ok then, in hooked. Here we go:

(PACK 1)

1. Scimitar Horned Oryx - nostalgia for Zoo Tycoon and critically endangered
2. Przewalski's Wild Horse - the last true wild horse
3. Babirusa - an odd pig that would be cool to display
4. Northern Hairy-Nosed Wombat - it's a Wombat and it's rare. Imagine the hype
5. SMALL EXHIBIT: Chinese Giant Salamander

(PACK 2)

1. Coquerel's Sifaka - a unique lemur that hops and is my favorite lemur
2. Red Wolf - similar to Gray Wolf? Yes. Subspecies? Possibly. But their survival story is amazing. Read about their hybridization with Coyotes. You'll see
3. Tasmanian Devil - kinda obvious, but it'd help to remind us of their endangered status
4. Mediterranean Monk Seal - not only do we get a and seal, but a rare species
5. SMALL EXHIBIT: Black Softshell Turtle - extinct in the wild, they were discovered alive and thriving in a sacred shrine pond

Top Bottom