News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
So... will we actually be able to walk on the surface? Or will we still be stuck in our seat in our ship, then stuck in our seat in a buggy? Fingers crossed this means we can actually get out of our seat... it's one of the few places Elite has lagged behind Star Citizen. I want my Neil Armstrong moments!!

There's no walking about in Elite Dangerous: Horizons, that's coming in a future season.

Michael

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I bought the game in December for 50€. If I bought Horizons now, it would set me back another 40€ including the discount, totalling 90€. Unless there is something I'm missing, if a new player bought the game + NH now, it would cost them 50€ total. Is 40€ (44% discount) 'a bit less' or is there something we are misundestanding there?

Nope no misunderstanding, just a year's worth of gameplay under your belt by the time Horizons is released.

I have only two words to say...
SPACE BUGGIES! smiley-excited001.gif
That is all. Thank you.

So we are getting a small discount, and new Players get the full original game for the same amount as our small discount is? And that should be the same deal for both parties?

Example: A car costs 1000 €, but I get a discount of 50 €... Not someone else can buy the car for 50 €... thats not the same deal, is it?

Not complaining about the total price here, but this statement simply doesnt make sense, sorry

It makes sense if you factor in the amount of gameplay you've already got for the money already paid.

A car costs £1000. A year later the new model comes out, also at £1000. New buyers can get it at that price. I can get it by trading in my current car for half. I've paid more than the new buyer if I upgrade (1500 vs 1000) but I have not in any way lost out because I've had the car for a year already. I'm in the same position as the new buyer.

Or, I could wait for 10 years until the final model is brought out and only pay the one fee, far cheaper than someone who bought each model every year. Trouble is, I've lost out on 10 years of ownership and use.

Y'all should do yourselves a favour.....

Buy the lifetime expansion pass while its still available, then sit back and watch everyone squabble over prices.

You have been playing the game for a year, I can buy WoW for a lot less than all the add on packs combined work it out

WoW Release: 2004

WoW : TBC(First Expansion) Release: 2007

WoW : WotlK (Second Expansion) Release: 2008

WoW : Cataclysm (Third Expansion) Release: 2010

WoW : MoP (Foruth Expansion) Release : 2012

WoW : WoD (Fifth Expansion) Release : 2014

See the diffrence? the First expansion was released Three Years of the orginal WoW, also WoW has Five expansions now, with a six one comming up,so comparing the priceing of WoW and E: D/ED:H is not really something usefull if you ask me

Last edited:
Yeah XBox owners, you get CQC first......we get landing on planets first!

I think the universe has balanced itself out :)

hadrly balance if I wanted call of duty id get call of duty cqc in my eyes was a wasted update, the fixes/working wings and friends list are all that matter to me

EDIT: tried going to the FD store for elite and came back with page cannot be displayed

Last edited:
Y'all should do yourselves a favour.....

Buy the lifetime expansion pass while its still available, then sit back and watch everyone squabble over prices.

Which, once the store is working again, is exactly what I hope to do. I missed Premium beta due to constant issues with the store... I missed the previous time that the Lifetime expansion was on the store due to a slight hitch with money flow at that time.... I really hope I don't miss it this time due to having to go to work later today.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom