General "Another one of those posts"

I did not make it to the end...

I didn't even make it to the beginning, just read the title and thought "oh another one of those posts".....autoskip to replies, I'll find if it is worth reading there! That, I find, is a very useful method if reading the forums, just skip the OP and go back if the replies make it sound interesting.

I feel this has more to do with credits being one of the progression systems (as has been the case for past Elite games). For single players games this is not a problem, but as soon as credits can be transferred from other players, this progression mechanic doesn't work properly.

The current player progression systems are (non transferrable items):
  • Assets/Credits (although after fleet carriers this is going to be problematic).
  • Materials.
  • Explorer, trading, combat ranks.
  • Military ranks (federation, imperial).
  • Faction reputations.
  • Engineer reputations.
  • Technology brokers.
The more progression systems they add (or expand upon) the less relevant the assets/credits progression becomes, which can open up credits for player financial transactions.

I agree, credit progression would break if player/player financial transaction is implemented, clearly something FDEV has been avoiding. But as you bring up, and I brought up in OP, there are so many things to progress that have nothing to do with credits that credits have become less relevant as "the" thing to grind, and more as a hinderance to going and doing stuff for mats, ranks, reps, engineers, tech, etc, since credit grinding doesn't really seem to overlap much with those activities.

Basically, either they can commit to leaving credit grind in the game, and prevent players from circumventing that, and instead make gameplay loops more interesting, or, accept that credits have become less relevant compared to the other methods of progression, and expand on player driven economics gameplay.

What would be really nice is if there's more overlap between the progression systems. They could make all of them a lot slower if you were making progress regularly IN all of them. I'm basically having to decide between mining all day for credits, mat hunting and meeting engineer requirements, grinding faction rep, etc. There's SOME overlap, like lately I've grinded out a decent amount of mats from combat and that can be turned in for at least some rep and credits. But the credit earning is meager compared to mining, and rep... Well, if I really wanted to progress there, I need to do those faction specific missions.

Long story short : did i miss a page somewhere, i contiune later on.... i still reading war and peace i got to page 3:)

Last edited:
First off, this game has a very small and very vocal community that defends FDEV's grinds and poor game mechanics
Not sure where you are getting this considering there are more posts about people not liking the grinding mecfhainics that we currently have and wish the more fun ones, combat, paid far better. I dont think i see a thread about people defending how fun LTD mining is.
FDEV... what are you doing, learn what risk vs reward means
You and everyone is asking that.
Look, the 50-100 million an hour I can make in my mining beluga (which took quite a while to grind up to in the first place)
Wew lads your doing it wrong, 50 ~100 million and hour is like early mid game. You can make that doing robigo runs in a python or getting double taht with LTD mining in borann
Ok... So you want the gind FDEV? I get it, you want to be pseudo realistic, and that means treating your game like a second job so that players need to spend a "REALISTIC"
Again, you just need to get better money earning. like 6 or 8 hours mining LTD and your set for life in the game pretty much, unless you keep loosing high value ships over and over and over agian. A single hour of LTD mining will repace an A rated anaconda like 4 or 5 times.
FDEV, if you want your players to have fun grinding, and allow your players to role play as anything they want (which seems to be the aim, right?)

Fun is subjective. But combat needs to be buffed.

Back
Top Bottom