Anteaters Walkthrough, Llamas Not?

Just started using the South America pack and found that Llama habitats are not walkthrough but the Giant Anteater habitats are. Giant Anteaters have large claws and have been known to seriously injure or kill people when threatened. In zoos, keepers have to be careful when entering the habitat as they can be clawed. Llamas are a domesticated animal and are often found at petting zoos. The zoopedia description even states llamas are "generally good natured animals; curious, and easy to train". I am confused about these walkthrough habitat choices as they seem to be counter intuitive.

I hadn't even noticed that, it is indeed weird, and you are indeed right about giant anteaters, they're far from docile.

I also dislike the notion that llamas are a wild animal. Llamas as they exist in their domesticated form do not exist in the wild at all - the guanaco is the nominate species and the wild ancestor. I don't mind the inclusion of the llama as such, but it would be good if we could do away with the idea that they're somehow in the same league as elephants and giraffes. I mean, I've never been to a zoo where you're allowed to walk around with pronghorn, but you aren't allowed to with llama (my local literally takes the llamas out for walks every day to interact with visitors).

I also dislike the notion that llamas are a wild animal. Llamas as they exist in their domesticated form do not exist in the wild at all - the guanaco is the nominate species and the wild ancestor. I don't mind the inclusion of the llama as such, but it would be good if we could do away with the idea that they're somehow in the same league as elephants and giraffes.
I'm currently not in the Game but I'm pretty sure that they are listed as domesticated (for some Reason tame in the German Version even though it's totally different) in the Zoopedia

I've never been to a zoo where you're allowed to walk around with pronghorn
Maybe the lawsuits would be too expensive if the Guests get hurt frequently 😂

I'm currently not in the Game but I'm pretty sure that they are listed as domesticated (for some Reason tame in the German Version even though it's totally different) in the Zoopedia

It says "tame" in the panel where the status (endangered etc.) is and states in the text that they are domesticated. But they're also listed as confident in relationship with humans. I accidentally created a walkthrough habitat for them first because I didn't check the info, and the guests were running for their lives :D But I think they can technically spit and bite, so I understand why the game decided to do it that way. But it is indeed strange that it is allowed for the anteaters.

I've also created a Walk-through Enclosure even before the Pack was released and my Guests are only turning around and slowly walking out of the Enclosure instead of running for some Reason. Maybe it has something to do with the Information-Building that is in the Enclosure next to the Guest-Gate

But I think they can technically spit and bite, so I understand why the game decided to do it that way.

The park I volunteer at lets visitors hand feed them. They are not anymore dangerous than sheep or cows, probably even less dangerous than horses. They only spit if they feel threatened or you're bothering them, likewise with biting. They literally exist to live in close quarters with humans - that is what domesticated means.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Llamas are spitters. I don't think you want your guests getting spit on XD
I work at an Alpaca farm, with one llama in the herd. I've only been spit on once by a cheeky member of the herd (to be fair I was teasing her slightly that day but they give plenty of warning before they do so.), in fact the alpacas love to come right up to me and sniff my hand or face and mess with my glasses. Our llama is a bit more shy. She'll let me get pretty close but not enough to pet her or anything.

You only need to worry about spitting if you decide to tease the animal or threaten them some how. They're far more likely to spit and wrestle each other than bother you.
Heck one of the alpacas will spit at another if they get to close to me when she wants to greet me XD
Being spit on isn't even that bad. Most would find it more amusing than anything. It's not like it hurts you or anything and is easy to wash off if needed.

OMG YES
I'm currently working on mini zoo with walkthrough habitats and I'm pretty sad that guests can't go to llamas or dall sheep habitats :T Or Bactrian camel... Yet they can visit okapi which is super weird in my opinion...

OMG YES
I'm currently working on mini zoo with walkthrough habitats and I'm pretty sad that guests can't go to llamas or dall sheep habitats :T Or Bactrian camel... Yet they can visit okapi which is super weird in my opinion...

Dall sheep aren't domesticated, and okapi aren't walkthrough animals in the game.

Top Bottom