Any Chance to get an Atmosphere

From all these super "funn" (I would like to say silly but this) "fan bot" comments I see that this game will never develop in a direction that I even think about investing more time to get back to and play it.

What does light have to do with atmosphere? Krash? ... Everything! This game is pitch black and it does not move to enlightenment ...

Atmosphere creates light on the surface. Light is a crucial element of life.

From all these super "funn" (I would like to say silly but this) "fan bot" comments I see that this game will never develop in a direction that I even think about investing more time to get back to and play it.

What does light have to do with atmosphere? Krash? ... Everything! This game is pitch black and it does not move to enlightenment ...

Well, maybe try not to be so misteriously poetic and explain what you mean in your first post, because otherwise it's so obscure one can either make fun of it, or ignore it as whining of someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

In what universe does atmosphere create light? It can alter light, refract it, reflect it, make it more diffuse, etc....but create? Unless you want planets with just the right blend of atmospheric gasses that we could light it up and watch it burn.
I suppose aurora might just count. They'd look nice anyway.

Wonder if the OP meant ambient light from atmospheric scattering?

I suppose aurora might just count. They'd look nice anyway.

Wonder if the OP meant ambient light from atmospheric scattering?

Point taken...although even then, the Sun is also involved in the process (i.e. the atmosphere isn't doing it alone).

I would totally love if we had atmospheric planets with things as visually delightful as aurora's. That's just one example of the countless cool effects Frontier could do with atmoshpheres.

There are two possible answers:

A) atmospheric landing is definitely part of the 2020 dlc
B) atmospheric landing is definitely not part of the 2020 dlc

Choose your favourite!

Unless you want planets with just the right blend of atmospheric gasses that we could light it up and watch it burn.
tumblr_m3tnc7ZBuj1rvzu9do1_500.gif

In what universe does atmosphere create light? It can alter light, refract it, reflect it, make it more diffuse, etc....but create? Unless you want planets with just the right blend of atmospheric gasses that we could light it up and watch it burn.
Well, a noble gas based atmosphere close enough to a star could glow like a neon lamp. Something like northern lights just throughout the atmosphere on the day side.

You've been away for awhile so you may have missed night vision (3.0 release). I started using it for rails targeting but I use it all the time now.

Well, a noble gas based atmosphere close enough to a star could glow like a neon lamp. Something like northern lights just throughout the atmosphere on the day side.
Yep, I'm totally aware of the cool atmospheric effects one could get with planetary atmospheres. My point was that the atmosphere itself isn't creating light (by itself at least).

If this is what OP was talking about, he really didn't do a good job of presenting it. I totally agree with him if this is what he actually meant to discuss.

Top Bottom