Any fix for AA?

Well you do need a TAA implementation to do DLSS, so everyone would win, regardless card.
2.1 practically includes AA. It upsacles image for performance AND "smooths" the edges at the same time. Plus do it both more sharp than TAA, and doesn't have disadvantages of SMAA, MSAA, and other methods that can't negate pixel jaggies entirely.

Check enhanced edition of Metro Exodus. Game practically have only "Raytraced Global Illumination" and DLSS 2.1. TAA, ambient occlusion, and all fake lights removed. As such game both look stunning (shaming even such titles as Cyberpunk and HZD), and despite more intense "infinite" raytracing (vs original single-reflection RT), it actually runs very smooth even on ultra settings.

Last edited:
Hello, I have the same issue since Odyssey ( in alpha also but I thought AA desactivated in alpha to avoid performance issue during this phase).
I haven't noticed any improvement since the last patch.
Does anyone has news about this ? Do you know if the ticket is under investigation or not ?
Or has anyone found a solution to solve this problem?

Best AA is combination of Nvidia DSR and AMD FSR.
I using DSR 3x smoothness 33% and FSR Balanced.
With this settings i got same FPS as in native but result is much bether AA.
U can call it fake DSAA :)

This is still not fixed . I'm not even sure this issue has been acknowledged by fdev so far.
I know it's on the issues tracker .
I really hope a fix is coming soon. For suck a big game it's an embarrassment for this to be an issue for so long

This is still not fixed . I'm not even sure this issue has been acknowledged by fdev so far.
I know it's on the issues tracker .
I really hope a fix is coming soon. For suck a big game it's an embarrassment for this to be an issue for so long
FDev acknowledged the terrible AA I think around the time of Update 7. However they gave no indication as to when we should expect it to be dealt with.

I wouldn't hold your breath, as Elite's AA has been atrocious since 2014.

Back
Top Bottom