Any idea of date Early Access will release in March? And a few questions :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Was just wondering, do we know whether or not early access will release in the beginning of, the middle of or at the end of march? And also, will the game be like other early accesses and be continued to be updated until launch? And at launch will we get the full/steam version? Thanks!

-Nemmie

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Was just wondering, do we know whether or not early access will release in the beginning of, the middle of or at the end of march? And also, will the game be like other early accesses and be continued to be updated until launch? And at launch will we get the full/steam version? Thanks!

-Nemmie

There are rumors that the Early Access will launch at Monday, March the 14th of 2016. But, those are rumors, based upon dates which are visible on-screen in the Dev Diary #3. We'll wait for an official announcement, which will likely come in a few weeks, so the wait is almost over! [big grin]

The Planet Coaster Early Access will likely be a continuous access to the alpha and beta versions of the game, that will be updated towards launch in Q4 2016. This is based upon how the Early Access of Elite: Dangerous worked (also from Frontier). Wait for a final announcement on this for official information.

Anyone who owns the Early Bird Edition of Planet Coaster will get the full game at release, as that is included in the Early Bird Edition / Early Bird Pass. [up]

We don't yet know when in March early access to the game will be released. In my experience, Frontier tend to stay quiet on release dates until they're sure they can meet their deadline, so we'll probably get something in the region of a couple of weeks notice.

I would expect the early access phase to be somewhat similar to their other game, Elite: Dangerous, where they added features in milestone builds through the early access period, with smaller but more regular bugfix updates. I'd expect Frontier to be updating the game right up until launch, after which you'll be able to play the release version (i.e. if you have the early bird edition you don't need to buy the game again). I don't know if the Steam version will be available at launch, they added it later in Elite due to popular demand. It wouldn't surprise me if it's available for Planet Coaster from release.

There are rumors that the Early Access will launch at Monday, March the 14th of 2016. But, those are rumors, based upon dates which are visible on-screen in the Dev Diary #3. We'll wait for an official announcement, which will likely come in a few weeks, so the wait is almost over! [big grin]

The Planet Coaster Early Access will likely be a continuous access to the alpha and beta versions of the game, that will be updated towards launch in Q4 2016. This is based upon how the Early Access of Elite: Dangerous worked (also from Frontier). Wait for a final announcement on this for official information.

Anyone who owns the Early Bird Edition of Planet Coaster will get the full game at release, as that is included in the Early Bird Edition / Early Bird Pass. [up]

Thank you my friend! Ws hoping it would launch on a Friday, for the weekend haha. Would be nice. I think RCT3 did the same? I can remember first playing RCT3 on the Friday after it came out. Want to replicate with PC :D.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you my friend! Ws hoping it would launch on a Friday, for the weekend haha. Would be nice. I think RCT3 did the same? I can remember first playing RCT3 on the Friday after it came out. Want to replicate with PC :D.

You're welcome [happy]

I don't know about RCT3, as I was not yet online back then, and I got that game as a gift when it was released.
I wish you joy and happiness once you can start playing with Planet Coaster! [big grin]

i still hope it will be earlier than the 14th. But i guess the date is not even clear for the developers yet - and thats ok. They will give it to us as early they can in march, i guess (and hope). OK. ;)

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Friday releases are a terrible idea as the developers aren't typically on hand over the weekend to fix major issues.

Frontier has a penchant for releasing on Tuesday evenings (UK time) as it allows them to finish up as much as possible during the first 2 days of the week and gives them a further 3 days to resolve any critical issues ahead of the weekend.

Friday releases are a terrible idea as the developers aren't typically on hand over the weekend to fix major issues.

Frontier has a penchant for releasing on Tuesday evenings (UK time) as it allows them to finish up as much as possible during the first 2 days of the week and gives them a further 3 days to resolve any critical issues ahead of the weekend.

Good point. Probably why most major releases release on Tuesdays.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom