Any luck fixing Blender's export lighting issues?

Noticed it's been a while since any word on a solid fix for Blender's export weirdness when it comes to lighting in game. I've tried everything and I still get issues like the one below. Simple stretched-out cube, normals correct, scale & rotation applied, Y Forward Z Up, and 'Apply Transform' checked. Continues to happen on every object I make. Lighting only works in the down direction in this example. Anyone got a fix yet?

Screenshot (25).png

Ever since Blender 2.8 the default export options work fine for me, rather than the old Y forward Z up. Also it's best practice to also apply all object mode transformations beforehand, even when ticking "Apply Transforms" (it seems you already did that anyway). Reference:
1646745019287.png

Last edited:
Ever since Blender 2.8 the default export options work fine for me, rather than the old Y forward Z up. Also it's best practice to also apply all object mode transformations beforehand, even when ticking "Apply Transforms" (it seems you already did that anyway). Reference:
View attachment 294920
That worked! Wow... I've spent so much time reading other posts and trying to mess with the export settings, and in the end... it was just the default settings all along. Thanks Gohax! This should be shared to a few other threads that haven't ended with any resolution to this issue. Classic overthinking.

Top Bottom