Any News on Broken horizons for accounts on PS4

As was posted on another thread but I'll add it here is the link for the issue tracker. https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/22490
Apparently (as I'm not that knowledgeable with the issue tracker) it is better to vote an already submitted issue up rather than submit a new one but I have done both.

One change is that it would now seem on the issue tracker that the problem has been confirmed but, as of now, it's not acknowledged. Slow and painfull progress. PS and frontier for you.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I would not advocate adding a new issue on the tracker, vote on the existing one. Sorry if I confused you.

You should vote on the existing issue and raise a separate support ticket directly with support should you wish as per advice on twitter.

Here:

And Here:

Hope this is clearer.

Don't worry! This isn't the first time I had problems with ED, I knew better than opening more issue tracker topics, I did vote on the issue that is there already.

Bright side this is like only 3rd time in nearly 3 years I've a need to contact support for ED so they are doing much better than many other games I've been playing lately :giggle: .

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
@stormyuk in regards to your quote of me in other, now closed, thread

I'm assuming that's the case because when I first started playing ED in 2017 I let my brother set my psn as primary so he could play with me. When I got horizon dlc it didn't let him use it and he had to buy both ED and horizon to play because he didn't have a license for ED because he wasn't the purchaser

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
@stormyuk in regards to your quote of me in other, now closed, thread

I'm assuming that's the case because when I first started playing ED in 2017 I let my brother set my psn as primary so he could play with me. When I got horizon dlc it didn't let him use it and he had to buy both ED and horizon to play because he didn't have a license for ED because he wasn't the purchaser

Yeh I've never fully understood how primary accounts work. I think it's because you can't have two primary PS4 consoles. Only one can be set primary.

You can it appears have one primary PS5 and one primary PS4 however which is probably why my case works and my daughter can play all my content.

However, Horizons DLC is free now, so if the account can access Elite Dangerous it should be able to access Horizons content (they are bundled together only on the PS store now and not a separate purchase). Hence why this is a bug I believe and probably why FDev are investigating.

Within regards to the whole "sony policy change" thing mentioned. That's not the case. I've only got PS4's, and all alts and such can use all DLC for any game perfectly fine. So this isn't the problem here, made doubley the case by (as already stated) the fact that Horizons is free to everyone and not something separate to download. There's also been people on PC reporting this same problem, so it's not a PSN issue

Within regards to the whole "sony policy change" thing mentioned. That's not the case. I've only got PS4's, and all alts and such can use all DLC for any game perfectly fine. So this isn't the problem here, made doubley the case by (as already stated) the fact that Horizons is free to everyone and not something separate to download. There's also been people on PC reporting this same problem, so it's not a PSN issue

thanks, good to know, Frontier fix it soon, thanks everyone ...😓

Last edited:
Issue still not fixed, which is not cool, considering it shouldn't be a problem in the first place, given that the restrictions no longer apply even on PC and the conditions never existed on PS to begin with. It really is inexcusable.

It is annoying and random that it's still not fixed given that Horizons is now just part of the game instead of something separate to purchase for it. And it's annoying that I can't go to any engineers to do upgrades.
But. Things happen. I'm not a programmer, game designer, etc. or anything to get why it happened or why it isn't fixed yet 🤷🏻‍♂️ And when it's the first problem I've ever had with the game in all the years I've been playing here and there, I'm not overly fussed. It's not like you're completely locked out or unable to do things. Do missions, earn money, build rep. Mine asteroids for materials ready for when you can get to engineers. Do conflict zones, etc. There's still plenty to do now, ready for then

So.
A little bit of update.

Faced the same issue starting last week (Thursday aroundish). Realized it by not being able to deploy my fighter anymore, raised a ticket about it and only then realized I couldn't land on planets anymore.
Coming finally to the conclusion - Horizons not recognized.

All on my ALT PS4 account whereas my main was and is not affected.

As I am a bit impatient - and wanted no longer compromise my game experience (as my main is half way to Beagle) - I thought maybe it's PSN+ missing on the ALT?
So yesterday bought that 14 day Trial period for my ALT and it turned out - no effect. So it's not PSN+ which is key.

Today - still impatient - I bought another copy of ED for the ALT from Playstation Store. First I thought wrong decision cause you can't download when the game already is installed. Must be deleted first before installing a new copy which obviously I won't/didn't due to my main.

However. ED Horizons running again on my ALT CMDR. Fighter can be deployed, planetary outposts accessible again.
So ED copy although not newly installed seems to be recognized and makes the effect.

Whether that means that either
  1. FDev changed something making ALT account not recognized anymore as Horizons eligible (despite it being a feature for all CMDRs anyway)
    OR
  2. Sony changed something restricting features for ALT accounts in general
I can't tell. But now you know the way out in case FDev can't fix it/Sony won't fix it.
Of course not everybody willing to spend another 25 bucks for an ALT but I thought maybe helpful telling.

Fly safe CMDRs
o7

This is posted on the Playstation sub forum.
In order to get Frontier to acknowledge it is a problem, you will need to carpet bomb all the channels - Dangerous discussion, news & announcements, Twitter, youtube stream, twitch etc.

I am in no way encouraging you to do this, just trying to manage your expectation in light of my experience of how PS4 issues have been dealt with in the past and how the VR brigade reacted to the fact that a development 6 months away didnt mention their pet project.

Last edited:
Top Bottom