Any point grinding for fed admiral

Currently grinding the ceos solthis circuit to get the vette started yesterday as petty officer played hour here and there now I'm rank 8 just wondering any reason to grind past rank 12

not yet, but who knows whats coming. we may end up with special missions, or even carriers. you never know, maybe only admirals and kings may be able to have a carrier

not yet, but who knows whats coming. we may end up with special missions, or even carriers. you never know, maybe only admirals and kings may be able to have a carrier
I was thinking the same however people been thinking this since release atm one complete run from ceos to solthis carrying all data missions gets me bout 35 to 45 percent to the next rank

Currently grinding the ceos solthis circuit to get the vette started yesterday as petty officer played hour here and there now I'm rank 8 just wondering any reason to grind past rank 12
I am both Admiral and King. Not because there is currently any in-game incentive to do it, I was bored and looking for something to do but, there is a club of sorts made up of CMDRs who have achieved the ranks and who knows? FDev may surprise us with something that requires either Admiral rank, King rank or both. o7

Well with nothing currently being announced that may require being Admiral for the next few months, best to unlock the Corvette and get round to deciding how you want to play the game.

Maybe stick around Fed space and run a few missions until you get to Admiral, but only if you want to.

I'll also mention that whilst the Corvette is a very good ship, I have way more fun in combat situations in my FDL or Alliance Chieftain. Don't kill yourself with the grind.

I have way more fun in combat situations in my FDL or Alliance Chieftain. Don't kill yourself with the grind.

Yep, those are fun ships. At least the Chief is (never flown a FDL)
The Corvette instead is very efficient. Want to chain CZ's with as least R&R breaks as possible? Nothing can beat a Corvette

I did a bit of grinding to get the ships I wanted from the Federation (not the Corvette) and the Empire (Imperial Cutter).
The rest came over the span of nearly two years, doing regular missions from time to time and rescuing people from burning stations.

And now I fly a Krait Mk. II most of the time.

The only reason I would accept a promotion to admiral is, when I'm fed up flying spaceship and want to fly a desk till retirement.

Bear in mind that nowdays that you can choose reputatioin award for missions, its a simple matter of hours to get the last rank, you can do it casually in an afternoon..

And that desk is on board of a Farragut Battle Cruiser?
Most Admirals don't command ships anymore in battle. They command whole fleets from the safty haven of a ' bunker on some rock that is even safer. They don't deserve the Rank of Admiral anymore nowadays. Cowards are they...all of them.

Top Bottom