Anyone else experiencing lags and crashes since update 1.5?

Since the latest update my zoo frequently crashes upon load or during play. It should load fine. I only have five enclosures and about fifteen animals. Some save files still load but if i build something extra like some rocks etc. they become unplayable and crash upon load. I already reported the issue. Please share if you also experience these problems. Hopefully frontier will provide a fix as soon as possible.

Me too. I tried to load my save file trice today, it always crashes upon load or after some minutes in. It really bothers me. Can someone please look into this??

Edit: I tried it a fourth time, same result. The game loads, I don't do anything, I don't click on anything, but after a minute max. the games crashes.

Last edited:
I experienced crashes before, but not as much as now after the new update. I would often have the game crash when I launch the game, especially if it was the kangaroo intro, don't know why. In the game it always happens when I am in the market or after I exit the market. I had to submit a ticket because I tried every advice they offered on their pages, but it still crashes, and my specs are good enough that it should not be doing this.

edit: and it crashed now when I launched the game :') (ostrich intro). The crash on launch though happens ever since I have the game though, 90% of the time.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I experienced crashes before, but not as much as now after the new update. I would often have the game crash when I launch the game, especially if it was the kangaroo intro, don't know why. In the game it always happens when I am in the market or after I exit the market. I had to submit a ticket because I tried every advice they offered on their pages, but it still crashes, and my specs are good enough that it should not be doing this.

edit: and it crashed now when I launched the game :') (ostrich intro). The crash on launch though happens ever since I have the game though, 90% of the time.
I had 3 more crashes after entering/selling/buying/from the market place. It is basically unplayable for me.

While loading my save it freezes right after the navigation takes place. Then after a minute or so it crashes. If i am able to load my zoo, it usually crashes while placing an object.

While loading my save it freezes right after the navigation takes place. Then after a minute or so it crashes. If i am able to load my zoo, it usually crashes while placing an object.
My wild guess is that it affects players differently, depending on the PC specs they have.

Not sure what your specs are, but I managed to find an outdated driver for my NVidia graphics card, released just few days ago but my PC could not detect it. I went to Nvidia page again and downloaded a program which detects missing updates. I am testing the game now and currently experiencing server errors, my franchise keeps disconnecting when putting animals for trade. But I just started testing it.

I am hoping they are working on a hotfix for these issues, because I have seen multiple posts on Steam about it, as well.

So it may have something to do with the water that is bugged. I just removed all of the water from my zoo and saved it. Then i reloaded the file and i was able to build again. Less stuttering. I am gonna test it some more. Let me know if it also works for you.

For me it has nothing to do with water. Even after installing the newest driver for my gpu, the game just crashed when rehoming an animal. It seems I have issues with the whole marketplace UI, moving, selling, buying and rehoming animals.

So it may have something to do with the water that is bugged. I just removed all of the water from my zoo and saved it. Then i reloaded the file and i was able to build again. Less stuttering. I am gonna test it some more. Let me know if it also works for you.

Actually explains why I had so much trouble with the DLC timed scenario. I think you’re right, it’s the water.

I hope you find a fix. I can play for the moment but i still have crashes sometimes when placing buildings.
Thanks! I have seen multiple users with same or similar issue, so have to wait I guess 😕
It seems (for now) that I can play challenge mode with no issues.

Last edited:
I have not experienced lag, but the game has crashed a few times since the new update. Before it almost never happened.

Yes, and that happens with every content patch until the next patch. thats already tradition. this time, they replaced the climable-area-bug with a deepwater-bug every time you load a franchise zoo. now, you dont have to move your climbable stuff anymore (hopefully), but empty and refill your water areas instead.

Last edited:
Yes, and that happens with every content patch until the next patch. thats already tradition. this time, they replaced the climable-area-bug with a deepwater-bug every time you load a franchise zoo. now, you dont have to move your climbable stuff anymore (hopefully), but empty and refill your water areas instead.

I experienced both bugs prior to and after 1.5.

There are some stability issues since 1.5 update.

So far, no news from Frontier. I'm expecting an update later this week or early next week.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hi all,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing crash and lagging issues after the latest patch. Please report these in our Issue Tracker so our support team can start investigating them. That's the best way for us to know more about any given issue. Don't forget to be as detailed as possible :)

Hi all,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing crash and lagging issues after the latest patch. Please report these in our Issue Tracker so our support team can start investigating them. That's the best way for us to know more about any given issue. Don't forget to be as detailed as possible :)
Hi, I already did that and I submitted a ticket myself to the support team as well. I have seen the same reports on Steam's discussion page and I have shared the issue tracker link with those who posted a similar thread. Thank you!

Top Bottom