Horizons Anyone else having trouble targeting outcrops?

I'm finally doing some prospecting as part of my exploration, and this is getting maddening. Sometimes I can target outcrops so I can blast them with my turret and collect. Most of the time I can't actually target them, which leaves me driving around until I find a spot where my turret happens to point right at it. Also, I can't seem to control my turret's position at all from the turret mode. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? :S

First of all, don't use your turret view to target.
Second - you need to bind keys and\or turn on mouse control to control your turret.
And last - outcrops could be targeted at 40m and closer.

P.S. Try to use Contacts in the right menu.

Last edited:
First of all, don't use your turret view to target.
Second - you need to bind keys and\or turn on mouse control to control your turret.
And last - outcrops could be targeted at 40m and closer.

P.S. Try to use Contacts in the right menu.

I'm using the Contacts menu. The outcrop shows up but nothing happens when I select it. I figure about 10% of outcrops I've encountered so far have been targetable. It only takes me a few seconds when targeting works, when it doesn't I have to drive around and try parking on various hills until I get everything to line up.

Okay, I just noticed the ones labeled "Outcrop" can be targeted. The ones that merely say "Material (Sulphur)" or whatever cannot be. Once I blast them I never have trouble targeting the rubble.

Last edited:
Definitely some kind of bug. I just came across what looks like a crashed nav beacon, but it shows up as "Material (Chromium)" under Contacts and is untargetable. I think the Contacts tab is mislabelling things, and I can't target them because it's looking for an item that isn't actually there.

Top Bottom