Anyone ever noticed these weird star constellations in the skybox?

Just parked my ASP in a nice nebular, when I noticed something again that I recognized many times before. The stars in the skybox seem to have some kind of border between fields where you see many stars and less.
Here is what I mean:
tBkSIQl.png

sOgnoZv.png

Looks like someone made a square into the galaxy and told the stars to stay outside of it^^
Any explanations? I can't see the pattern in the galaxy map...maybe a bug?

Stellar forge quirk.
The galaxy is made of cubes which have differing star densities. Especially visible are the differences in hot O & B class star densities.

It's been reported several times before and it's due to the procedural generation dividing the galaxy up in to cubes of "star density".

It looks truly awful and I don't understand why they can't do some "smoothing" of density on the edges between the cubes to make it look better & more plausible.

On the plus side, it demonstrates that we are not seeing a traditional skybox: we are seeing the actual stars of the galaxy, rendered in their correct positions.

There's going to be a talk about Stellar Forge tonight at 7pm on FDev's YouTube channel. That might be a good place to ask about these sharp density changes.

On the plus side, it demonstrates that we are not seeing a traditional skybox: we are seeing the actual stars of the galaxy, rendered in their correct positions.

There's going to be a talk about Stellar Forge tonight at 7pm on FDev's YouTube channel. That might be a good place to ask about these sharp density changes.

Yeah, in addition to that I had to make a bug report about this particular nebular missing from the skybox when I was nearing it, as you can see in this vid:
[video=youtube_share;9cv23LDYvZ0]https://youtu.be/9cv23LDYvZ0[/video]

Bug Report is here, if anyone has something to comment ;)

Top Bottom