Anyone looking for distant Guardian structures?

Apologies if info has been posted on this already, but I haven't found it.
So, are there any Commanders out there currently looking for Guardian structures around distant nebulae? Similar to the ruins already found around various ones. (Eta Carina, NGC 3199, Eorl Auwsy, and so on.) I'm looking for some myself, and have been wondering whether others might be doing so too.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, the Guardian vessel blueprint segments have only been found via the obelisk bug, no? At least, I haven't heard of any ancient data terminals in the structures found so far yielding those, just the weapon and module blueprint segments.

Yup, I'm out there as well. I've been to all of the known ruins sites in Skaudai and Prai Hypoo, but didn't find anything. I'm currently scouring Prai Hypoo for any new sites. One star class group at a time. I'm also checking for any new brain trees, etc. when I need a change.

AFAIK, the vessel blueprint segments did indeed come from the obelisk bug.

Cheers o7

Heh, to be honest, I expected more people. Although perhaps there are, and they just don't read here. But I wonder if this might not be the (or a) next step required to unlock new things. Hence my question about the vessel segments as well.

Thanks for the info on those two nebulae! I remember reading that somebody checked Blaa Hypai as well, and found nothing there. I'm currently headed for Eta Carina, and will look for new stuff there once I finish checking the known systems.

Heh, to be honest, I expected more people. Although perhaps there are, and they just don't read here. But I wonder if this might not be the (or a) next step required to unlock new things. Hence my question about the vessel segments as well.

Thanks for the info on those two nebulae! I remember reading that somebody checked Blaa Hypai as well, and found nothing there. I'm currently headed for Eta Carina, and will look for new stuff there once I finish checking the known systems.

You might be better off asking on the main Guardians thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/380519-Guardians-Discussions

There was a fairly steady stream of reports of new Guardian area being discovered prior to 3.0. I couldn’t say whether anyone’s still focusing on that side at the moment though.

I am in Lagoon, TRAIKAAE, but in any case it feels pretty depressing - still finding a big bunch of nothing out here

Apologies if info has been posted on this already, but I haven't found it.
So, are there any Commanders out there currently looking for Guardian structures around distant nebulae? Similar to the ruins already found around various ones. (Eta Carina, NGC 3199, Eorl Auwsy, and so on.) I'm looking for some myself, and have been wondering whether others might be doing so too.

I'm currently 2010 lys away in the Prooe Drye system area.
I'm looking but I'm not sure wether I'm wasting my time.
I was on my way to the core but I feel I'm missing out on the Guardian story line.

I'm currently 2010 lys away in the Prooe Drye system area.
I'm looking but I'm not sure wether I'm wasting my time.
If you're looking at an area where there have been no Guardian ruins found yet, you should be looking for brain trees. You can read an excellent guide here. If you find any, then that means that there are Guardian ruins nearby. (Somewhere within 100 ly, tops.)
That said, all the distant Guardian ruins have been found around nebulae so far. The Guardian structures, on the other hand, were found in the same area (the "original Guardian bubble") as the ruins themselves. So if you wish to find either, you should probably look near nebulae.

If you're looking at an area where there have been no Guardian ruins found yet, you should be looking for brain trees. You can read an excellent guide here. If you find any, then that means that there are Guardian ruins nearby. (Somewhere within 100 ly, tops.)
That said, all the distant Guardian ruins have been found around nebulae so far. The Guardian structures, on the other hand, were found in the same area (the "original Guardian bubble") as the ruins themselves. So if you wish to find either, you should probably look near nebulae.

I've read that guide and the system I'm in now has a lot of flat bottom splash craters with arms radiating outward , so far only on icy body planet.
I'll land and take a look.
I couldn't tell exactly on the guide what Brain Tree looks like

I've been looking near the Eta Carina nebula near the existing sites. I plan to head to NGC 3199 next.

The systems with existing sites have already been checked so the strategy is just to jump to unvisited systems and get within 1000ls of every likely looking body.

I've been looking near the Eta Carina nebula near the existing sites. I plan to head to NGC 3199 next.

The systems with existing sites have already been checked so the strategy is just to jump to unvisited systems and get within 1000ls of every likely looking body.

You don't need to get within 1,000ls. When you enter a system just de-select any target you might have selected, and then just rotate to look at the bodies one by one. Any Guardian structures will show up on your HUD from any distance. Using this method, you should be able to check a full system in about 30 seconds.

Top Bottom