Anyone planning to join the beta just to test out other people's carriers?

Nope. Won't let me buy one at a cheaper price during Beta? Only letting the Elite who play for 20 hours basically test them? Nope they can screw themselves.

So, according to Stephen (via Yamiks) FD won't be discounting FCs or giving people extra credits to get one.

In case you didn't read the other thread yet, here is the reasoning stated.

So basically they expect people to join in the beta to test out other people's FCs.

Do FD have their finger on the pulse of the community?

Are you going to join the beta to exclusively test other people's fleet carriers?

Personally i'm not. I want to see if my concerns about Fleet Carriers are right or not, so i want to check out owning a FC, not visiting one.

The only reason i have now for participaing in the beta is checking out mining rates for Tritium, but really, i can save myself a download and the time and effort and just wait for the reports from people who are participating, same as i'll have to do anyway with the main feature.

As far as the 5b price in beta it is about what I expected, makes sense as this is not a personal ship but something new bringing with it new mechanics (some very unwelcome it seems).

This beta, as should happen with all is about testing all aspects not just the bit you are personally interested in or fancy trying out content that in the main game you will be unable to access.

I assume you were not one of the supporters of the petition a few months back about 'we must have beta tests' otherwise would be looking forward to testing the side of this content you have access to.

Last edited:
'Just' to test that? Possibly not but it's what I'll primarily be testing since actually buying one as they've been announced seems to be of little value to me.

Just making a note of names here so I know who to laugh at when they post about bugs in the non-owner's side of carriers after release. Amazingly enough, beta testing isn't supposed to just be about farting around with stuff you want to play with.

yes. yes. go play in the beta people. I'm getting tired of finding new places to sell my diamonds every day.

It's to exclude we pesky LEPers

You can use any of your accounts on a steam install ...not just new ones you purchased thru steam. I've migrated my setup totally on steam even though my main lep account isn't linked to steam at all. Makes playing in linux/VR seamless.

Last edited:
So basically they expect people to join in the beta to test out other people's FCs.

images

I wouldn't worry too much about being "required" to use Steam to participate in the Beta. Someone pointed out in another thread that the January Update beta guide said the exact same thing, and I had no problem testing it through Frontier's launcher.

So, according to Stephen (via Yamiks) FD won't be discounting FCs or giving people extra credits to get one.

In case you didn't read the other thread yet, here is the reasoning stated.

Do FD have their finger on the pulse of the community?

Are you going to join the beta to exclusively test other people's fleet carriers?

Personally i'm not. I want to see if my concerns about Fleet Carriers are right or not, so i want to check out owning a FC, not visiting one.

The only reason i have now for participaing in the beta is checking out mining rates for Tritium, but really, i can save myself a download and the time and effort and just wait for the reports from people who are participating, same as i'll have to do anyway with the main feature.

No.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I wouldn't worry too much about being "required" to use Steam to participate in the Beta. Someone pointed out in another thread that the January Update beta guide said the exact same thing, and I had no problem testing it through Frontier's launcher.

Well remembered. TYVM. :)

Like I said in the other thread, I can understand people's frustration, but interacting with other people's carriers is clearly an important part of the beta testing. If people don't want to participate, then fine, but you don't get to complain about the bugs and other issues that were missed afterwards (but I know many of you still will)!
Exactly my thoughts. People will run here to complain everything is broken but won't be proactive to help prevent them. Some just have to watch the world burn.

Listening to Community Mangers on streams they said the Beta was not going to allow a discount on the Carriers or everyone would just buy one and test that. EVERYTHING including docking with other carriers needs testing.

You've ruined my self-righteous indignation ! :sneaky:

Top Bottom