Anything New on the Way?

I'm too pesimistic to read "a couple" exactly like 2 weeks, though that would be awesome.
I agree that some surprises for the update should be kept, but we really have a bunch of animals - so one or two more examples before release, if the update is more than two weeks away, would be cool. In general, I'd love some info crumb every two weeks, and may it just include what bugs they are currently hunting. Could also ease out some frustration with the issue tracker.

Typically an announcement doesn't come long after a teaser like the one we've received, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for more information!

I think the 1.3 update will be announced in detail this Tuesday, August 11th (with more info on color variations and other additions).
Then the DLC will be announced the following week, on the 19th for a release at the same time as the update on the 26th.

It's just a speculation but I think it will be the calendar adopted by Frontier but what makes me think I might be wrong is that Chanté created a post last evening so to give us a preview of the next update and especially to show players that something is coming. If Frontier has, for some time now, decided to unveil the full update on Tuesday why did they offer a preview last night? I think players could have waited a few more days, especially for a feature they've been asking for since the beginning.

Concerning a potential teaser I think we won't have any about the update, it will be unveiled one day without having teased it beforehand (except the color variations preview). By the way, I don't know if you've noticed it, but the little preview of the color variations hasn't even been officially announced on the game's networks. For the DLC, we'll certainly have clues in screenshots or on Twitter/Facebook posts before it's officially announced.

Last edited:
Concerning a potential teaser I think we won't have any about the update

Err...we already have a teaser about the update. The images Chante unveiled on the other thread are a teaser. Or do you mean an actual trailer? If you mean a trailer, then I agree, trailers aren't usually made for updates.

I think yesterdays announcement wasn't planned but a reaction to the pessimistic and upset mood in this forum, which good worse every week for the past month

Either way it still counts as a teaser, since it teases upcoming content. I'm willing to bet that a proper announcement isn't far away, though. I still think there's a chance we'll get our "summer update" so something is bound to happen this month.

Err...we already have a teaser about the update. The images Chante unveiled on the other thread are a teaser. Or do you mean an actual trailer? If you mean a trailer, then I agree, trailers aren't usually made for updates.
I'm talking about a teaser, but I meant something other than yesterday's post from Chanté. I've changed my message to make it clearer. :)

I think yesterdays announcement wasn't planned but a reaction to the pessimistic and upset mood in this forum, which good worse every week for the past month
Of course yesterday's announcement was unplanned and was made quickly last evening to calm the players (and it worked!).
That's a reason that could make me think that the update, or at least its announcement, is not scheduled right away, but as I say I'm still thinking about an announcement on Tuesday.

Last edited:
@Casperite other building sim's for the most part like Cities Skyline don't have Sandbox capability, require 3D modeling skill and proficiency in using tools like Blender and require a separate portal like an asset manager to get assets into the workshop, so it's not near as easy as some may think. Without the countless hours that players spend who build elements in the workshop for other players to use, and without interesting and captivating and scenery, exhibit halls and viewing areas the elements of animals would be greatly diminished.

Top Bottom