Abandoned [App] edproxy - Remote the ED netLog to multiple listeners

Well, I do have it to where it stays running as long as I do not attempt to use And Discovered. The second I start it, the Proxy crashes. So, at least I get the use at EDSM.

I really need the logs to have any headway into what is going on. I sent you a PM with the location of the logs and how to get them to me.

Thanks!

Local midnight rollover not supported

Edproxy does not handle local midnight rollovers and started submitting logs to EDSM that were dated 24 hours ago!

Messed up my travel logs and I had to manually delete a bunch of entries.

Edproxy does not handle local midnight rollovers and started submitting logs to EDSM that were dated 24 hours ago!

Messed up my travel logs and I had to manually delete a bunch of entries.

Edproxy has had time rollover support for some time. I probably broke something with the latest update as I modified some of the netLog parsing logic. I am sorry for the screw-up, and will investigate. It would help a ton if you have your netLog files when you had the problem. I can run the parser back over those logs to see where the error might be. You can email them to me at fussyware@gmail.com, or create an issue in Jira and upload the files.

https://bitbucket.org/westokyo/edproxy/issues

Edproxy has had time rollover support for some time. I probably broke something with the latest update as I modified some of the netLog parsing logic. I am sorry for the screw-up, and will investigate. It would help a ton if you have your netLog files when you had the problem. I can run the parser back over those logs to see where the error might be. You can email them to me at fussyware@gmail.com, or create an issue in Jira and upload the files.

https://bitbucket.org/westokyo/edproxy/issues

As a follow-up, because I deleted the erroneous entries from EDSM, I'm not sure which log file had the problem. I've gone over the last few log files but it seems that edproxy might have re-processed the logs and uploaded all the systems visited, but correctly this time!

I can say that the last couple of nights where I've been flying across midnight, edproxy has worked correctly. The midnight detection glitch must have been temporary. I will note that the time that I suspect the problem occurred I was h-jumping almost exactly on midnight (the log indicates entering the new system at 00:00:02).

The next time it happens I won't fix EDSM and I'll upload the log file.

EDSM was being pulled down into Pathfinder. This download was essentially too large for the tablets. It made more sense for Edproxy to replicate EDSM as it could provide the information about relevant distances on new system entry. Several pieces of Pathfinder would not function correctly without this information. Much of the data could be obtained from EDSM on a system by system case, however this had a noticeable impact on responsiveness from the applications.

With the Engineers release the "distances" portion of the EDSM download does not make as much sense. This is also hands down the largest portion of the data download. Thus in the near future I will most likely be pulling the distances database out of Edproxy.

Working fine this morning, but now getting a "EDProxy returned -1" error

Re-installed, same issue.

Any ideas?

Did you perform the latest updates for edproxy? You should be on version 2.2.2.

I will need your log files to make a guess as to what is wrong. You can find them in "<user.dir>/.edproxy". All files named "edproxy.log". Some have a number at the end; I need those also.

You can join the discord server for help here:
https://discord.gg/0rYsuqDXxMHyVOVK

You can also email them to me at "fussyware@gmail.com"

Think I've fixed it, at least for now.

I uninstalled the application and deleted the directory .edproxy.

After looking at the logs it showed and EDSM database error

Is there a way to turn off the log submitting to edsm?

Im back from Sag A and now its not nessessary to semd my logs to edsm.net.

It's clear i can just not start edproxy but when i start it the next time i go out exploring it will push all logs up right?

Im my appconfig.xml i can't find the entry for verboseloging, wich i set to 1 before the engineers update.

I think the proxy works now without this entry?

Could not find an answer on forums or google...

I finely move my old 32 netlogs out into the 64bit path of ED net logs , EDtool box found them , but Pathfinder didn't

Is there a way to turn off the log submitting to edsm?

Im back from Sag A and now its not nessessary to semd my logs to edsm.net.

It's clear i can just not start edproxy but when i start it the next time i go out exploring it will push all logs up right?

If you do not have your EDSM API key and CMDR name in the settings then we will not upload to EDSM. However, you are correct that the moment you want to start uploading again Edproxy will upload all entries.

Im my appconfig.xml i can't find the entry for verboseloging, wich i set to 1 before the engineers update.

I think the proxy works now without this entry?

Could not find an answer on forums or google...

As of the Engineers release the "System" netLog line is put into the log file without verbose logging. However, Edproxy is not updated for this at this time, and is thus still setting up for verbose logging. We do not use AppConfig.xml however as that is overwritten on every update. Instead we configure AppConfigLocal.xml.

The next release of Edproxy will stop configuring for verbose logging.

I finely move my old 32 netlogs out into the 64bit path of ED net logs , EDtool box found them , but Pathfinder didn't

Pathfinder remembers the last timestamp it received. Upon connection Pathfinder will ask Edproxy for all entries starting from that timestamp. Thus any older entries will not get transmitted. I see potential for a feature here and will investigate.

The image screenshot section , is not showing anything , path is setup same as other apps , and they show latest screenshot

Can you clarifly the screenshot section , also with the mention of logs above , in the section of Statistics, its not showing anything much of what Ive done , most of the values are zero or 1 ,
Total planets visited is Zero ,
Celestial bodies detail scan is Zero,
Total stars visited is One

Last edited:
The image screenshot section , is not showing anything , path is setup same as other apps , and they show latest screenshot

Can you clarifly the screenshot section , also with the mention of logs above , in the section of Statistics, its not showing anything much of what Ive done , most of the values are zero or 1 ,
Total planets visited is Zero ,
Celestial bodies detail scan is Zero,
Total stars visited is One

You are the second person to mention something funny going on with the Stats panel. It seems to be affecting some, but not others. I am looking into it. Please try and select the last visited system (current system) in the "end" of the start/end (from/to).

For images, first make sure that in settings the Image setting is turned *on*. I know it says it is for external storage, but it is currently not actually storing in external storage. It is just caching it, and hitting Edproxy when it wants to retrieve the image again. The settings item is worded terribly, and should not actually be a setting. It should never have made it to release, but alas it did.

Top Bottom