Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

Due to the fact, that I'm not able to submit an Issue via Bugtracker (Firefox) I will name here two further problems:

1.) Switching the priority of the sensors while Auto-leaving the station, the priority of the thruster go back to '1' (from 2). Trying to switch them directly afterwards the only possibility to switch them to is 1, 2 and 5.
2.) Buying goods and using the keys 'A' and 'D' I'm no longer able to use the mouse to click on 'buy' or closing the dialog in any other way. Pressing 'SPACE' solves the problem and the mouse is functioning again.

Hi I'm having problems with two things since the patch
They are to do with the FSS mode
I am on PS4
First the white screen flash when zooming in on objects using the FSS its really annoying.
and second
When trying to scan planets over 100k ls away and or close to star B,C,D the screen goes black and I have to quit to main menu
My solution at the present is to get close to the area of intrest then proceed to do my scans

But overall I like the new starting menu

In brief from just finished AXCZ with Hydra in wing of four:

1. I’m losing the canopy at the moment the shields are down;
2. The interceptor spawns shield when the heart is exerted… multiple times;
3. Double size swarm;
4. Wrong heart bug still persists (if you shoot at different from exerted heart, you can destroy the exerted one, which is indestructible otherwise)
5. Shutdown field before second to the last heart;
6. Caustic damage either scales with people in the instance or it is silently increased;
7. Necro scouts, the NPCs are shooting in the same point, at close distance you can see and target the red triangle, but nothing there. This bug causes the AXCZ to not be able to be completed. All players have to fly 50 km from the center of AXCZ and occasionally it works;
8. AXCZs with infinite scouts, we have the interceptors warning, but no interceptors are spawned
9. Should I continue?

Even outside of AX combat zones, my PS4 blue screened twice out of two attempts to battle a Thargoid Interceptor. The Thargoid experience is definitely buggy and as it's a big part of the game story, I hope FDev will start to move this up the list of priorities to fix. I submitted bug reports through the PS4.

First of all why the Krait would be 3km away to start with (I'm assuming you are talking about the case after interdiction)? Even if so, why would you need to worry about drag in that case when you are already out of weapon range so you can't be dragged? Also when you are interdicted, it takes a while to deploy hardpoints but you can boost instantly and then fa-off to keep the momentum (yeah I know, that's not full boost speed).

Another thing is that it doesn't really matter if you are 3km away when any decent PvPer can do full damage with long range rails and lasers up to 6km. So a better question would be if you can flee to over 6km range if you have boost and I think we all know the answer to that. Frag pellets are also pretty slow so evading them from anything other than point blank range is quite easy.

You are very much correct about the time being important though so when I run trade ships, I boost past the opponent and high wake as soon as possible and hope the enemy doesn't have enough DPS to blow up my ship. This is actually where you can use turreted drag frag yourself to decrease the effective turning rate of your enemy when you boost past him so he has less time on target. Also compared to drag, screening has a lot more DPS so I'd easily choose that over drag to kill the fleeing ship as fast as possible. So for these kinds of situation the current drag is not the best choice for the attacker but it might give a little bit time for that fleeing trade ship if used correctly (because of the turn rate debuff, not the speed).

The reason why I talked about PvP earlier is that the whole denying turn rate by disabling boost is indeed very much PvP mechanics oriented where the pre April patch drag didn't do much anything because people could just boost turn to negate the drag debuff completely. Some vocal PvPers who can't handle that have just made it their mission to use ganking traders as an excuse to keep flying the way they have always flown, which is permaboost high turn rate and now they are worried they would have to learn to adapt. As many people have said already, heavily engineered PvP ships can take down trade ships with or without boost disabling drags.

All 'a that makes sense enough. I never did think of putting drag munitions on my trade ships though. Now they've been reverted, I'll take your word for it.

Did you just also reverted HGE spawn chance ?
Or even nerfed it ?

I can barely find any ... flying for about 3 hours between various war/civil war/outbreak systems with occassional boom and I found maybe 3 ?

What about mapped status in left window? :(
If the new planet icon in the local Nav panel indicates an 'activity', it would be handy if that icon were to disappear on completion of the once-only components. If a body has Geo sites and a couple of different space pumpkins a scan of one type could match and resolve any other orbital mapping probe data, like the FSS belt cluster auto-complete, so any icons still in the list need scanning.

Handy for explorers trying to 100% every system, or BGS players watching for system changes?

If the new planet icon in the local Nav panel indicates an 'activity', it would be handy if that icon were to disappear on completion of the once-only components. If a body has Geo sites and a couple of different space pumpkins a scan of one type could match and resolve any other orbital mapping probe data, like the FSS belt cluster auto-complete, so any icons still in the list need scanning.

Handy for explorers trying to 100% every system, or BGS players watching for system changes?
Right now I'm simply referring to the info window that pops up when you select a body, which has a new 'mapped' status, so you can see if it is surface mapped without using system map. Right now it doesn't properly show mapped, instead it shows landable status or so it seems, so even if you surface map something it will still show that it isn't mapped.

So, when's the patch to fix the patch coming? Said it before and I'll say it again FDev work hard to bring us a fantastic game and not everything can be foreseen things will slip through but it's always one bug fixed two created

If you find you have passengers in your ship, but no correlating mission, please simply restart the game and these should be ejected into space.
980.gif

That FSS issue might be a symptom of the accidental or deliberate change to what is at the centre of your view when you unzoom from a body that you have just discovered. In a cluster of bodies, the unzoom would place the newly discovered body at the centre of your view, which allowed you to easily follow a line of bodies, but now it appears to use the original entry point.

I'm not overly sure why this would be changed deliberately, but either way, this behaviour does appear to have been introduced at the same time as the strange FSS display. In VR the corrupted FSS display could be a bit of a stomach churner, particularly for users that have yet to get their VR legs.

Really digging the new changes. Looking great! I noticed my weapons hud has changed from the two crescents on the left and right to straight vertical lines. Have not seen it mentioned anywhere else by anyone in bug reporting so I take it thats the new look of the weapons hud? If so, I like it better.

Very nice to see the power priorities bug is gone, that was the one bothering me the most, so thanks!

But...
The long distance passenger mission I was flying did disappear (although the passengers themselves are still there). Well 5000Ly isn't too bad to me, and it really was just an excuse to go out there and explorer. Might as well have a look at the Cat's Paw Nebula...and add to that ticket Ookamiza posted.
What are you gonna do about the passengers?...Airlock?

o7

Thanks for the fixes, but now I'm getting heavy artifacting at ShinDez HazRez w/ high FPS. Smoke around damaged ships randomly does not animate, just staticly surrounds ship. Just to name a few. Anyone else?

Top Bottom