April Update: Xbox controller vibration

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I hate it, I really do.
I mean the way the controller vibrates after the patch.
Engaging FSD is now like a prr-prr prr-prr-prr.
If someone of you is old enough to remember the old Trabant cars with their 2stroke engines - you will get my drift.

With the standard controller there is no way to set this except on or off.

Is there a deal between FDev and MS to make us all splash out on Elite Controllers to play Elite Game? Because it totally worked for me :)

I was thinking the same thing...what vibration...oh wait I have a HOTAS ONE. Strongly suggest switching my xbox brothern. It's literally a "game changer".

I hate it, I really do.
I mean the way the controller vibrates after the patch.
Engaging FSD is now like a prr-prr prr-prr-prr.
If someone of you is old enough to remember the old Trabant cars with their 2stroke engines - you will get my drift.

With the standard controller there is no way to set this except on or off.

Is there a deal between FDev and MS to make us all splash out on Elite Controllers to play Elite Game? Because it totally worked for me :)
Just switch off the vibration. Go to ED controller options, go to miscellaneous, switch off vibration. I did it and I'm not missing the rumble at all. Spend your hard-earned money on something else, beer's good!

I find the vibration somehow useful so yea, it will be staying ON.
But since i got the Elite controller i can reduce the vibration intensity and make it less annoying, but I still find the change to vibration patterns to be uninspired, to put it gently.

I've considered a HOTAS, but i dont want to give away the leisure offered by a controller - so the Elite one is a rather nice compromise.
The taller sticks are making quite a difference and the 4 paddles are giving me a whole new range of bindings, including lateral thrust on lower paddles, throttle on upper paddles and bindings for fixed throttle % - i cant imagine how i was able to play for almost 6 months without a bind for 75% throttle.

Edit: and the Chatpad fits perfectly and it doesn't get in the way of the 4 paddles.

Just switch off the vibration. Go to ED controller options, go to miscellaneous, switch off vibration. I did it and I'm not missing the rumble at all. Spend your hard-earned money on something else, beer's good!

This.

Or, check your Xbone's controller settings. Re toggle vibration. Fixed.

I used a controller for my first year playing. I decided to try the HOTAS ONE since it was an inexpensive way to delve into hotas flying. Compared to the triple digit costs of some of the PC HOTAS set ups, the Xbox hotas was a bargain. You have a more intuitive feeling with flying with a HOTAS. I do hope you all, at some point, get a chance to try hotas flight at least. See you all in the black o7

I find the vibration somehow useful so yea, it will be staying ON.
But since i got the Elite controller i can reduce the vibration intensity and make it less annoying, but I still find the change to vibration patterns to be uninspired, to put it gently.

I've considered a HOTAS, but i dont want to give away the leisure offered by a controller - so the Elite one is a rather nice compromise.
The taller sticks are making quite a difference and the 4 paddles are giving me a whole new range of bindings, including lateral thrust on lower paddles, throttle on upper paddles and bindings for fixed throttle % - i cant imagine how i was able to play for almost 6 months without a bind for 75% throttle.

Edit: and the Chatpad fits perfectly and it doesn't get in the way of the 4 paddles.

I agree, the Elite controller is awesome for this game. I just wish that we could set hotkeys using the chatpad. Then I would be in gamer heaven

Yep, I turned vibration off permanently this week.

Bought my current xbox at christmas, the controller has packed in already. The headphone jack went about two weeks ago and now it won’t work at all.

The vibration from making a jump in ED sounded very abnormal. Like it was vibrating so much it was hitting parts it wasn’t meant to...

I’m not blaming FD, Xbox controller’s are absolute garbage and the price for a new wireless is borderline criminal...

...but I’m taking no risks with this new one.

Strongly encourage everyone to turn their vibration off until this issue is resolved, I’m not poor but £50 a pop for a new controller is highly annoying...

The Elite-specific controller setting is here

1a2ea176-2f00-4e63-9795-d2e0c6580d92.PNG

The vibration from making a jump in ED sounded very abnormal. Like it was vibrating so much it was hitting parts it wasn’t meant to...

I’m not blaming FD, Xbox controller’s are absolute garbage and the price for a new wireless is borderline criminal...

My original XBox One S controller (got the console in last November) also made strong noises during the Jumps - noises that were coming from the LT-RT triggers due to too strong vibrations - but it held nicely.
If i kept the triggers slightly pressed the noises went away and it made a good incentive to have the controller on hand while jumping :giggle:
However not this issue got me to make this thread, but the change in vibration patterns that came with the April Patch.

Got an M$ Elite Controller about a month ago and i'm pretty happy now - but the price is like 3 times the original controller :/

Got an M$ Elite Controller about a month ago and i'm pretty happy now - but the price is like 3 times the original controller :/
The rubber mats will start coming off after about 6 months - over time they will expand and force themselves out of their seatings. It typically starts with the far left one, then the far right one. The two inner ones will last much longer. When the half-peeled mats make the controller uncomfortable, just take them off entirely. Yes, it will be disheartening and ugly, but the controller will remain perfectly usable and the exposure of the screw-holes will not hurt your hands.

If one of the joysticks starts drifting within the warranty period then you can get the whole controller replaced under that warranty. I don't know about the rubber mats, though.

Last edited:
the vibration option is not in my game. every time it vibrate my game jumps and lags for a sec. Never had issue before patch. Vibration is turned off in 360 software and in steam. But it still vibrates and lags in ED. I also have 2 copies of ED and it does it in both. I wanted two FCs.

1592614568826.png

I have a fast PC.

470x MB
AMD 3700x 16 cores
16 gb 3200 ram
Red devil 5700 xt 8 GB
Internet cable 1 GB

Last edited:
Sorry but this is the Xbox forum, and this thread is over a year old. Try posting in the Elite PC forum, someone there might have solved your issue.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom