Arboreal Pack?

I know everyone is speculating on the sun bear for a South Asia pack, but in my own personal wishlist, I had the sun bear down in an arboreal pack because it is the most arboreal of bears!

This was my original list:
  • sloth
  • sun bear
  • tree kangaroo
  • golden lion tamarin

Even if we get the sun bear in a different pack, there are still tons of primates that we still need in the game, so that slot would be easy to fill. I still think an arboreal pack is a fun idea, and it could coincide with a development pass at climbing—improving animations and transitions and such, and maybe even they could take a stab at brachiation. Could also come with a nice hefty addition of lots of trees.

Last edited:
I’d love it - especially more trees. It’d be especially nice if behaviour for arboreal species already in the game (koala, orangutans, etc.) were tweaked so that they spend more time off the ground!

Here's my arboreal pack idea:

Lar Gibbon
Geoffrey's Spider Monkey
Linnaeus's Two toed Sloth
Goodfellow's Tree-Kangaroo
Jackson's Chameleon (exhibit)

If an animal pack, additionals below:

Golden Lion Tamarin
Indian Giant Squirrel
South American Coati

Great idea I would buy it instantly.

Mine would be similar but not quite the same. I also hope for an arboreal animal pack:

Lar Gibbon
Fossa
Indian Giant Squirrel
Black howler monkey
Goodfellow's Tree-Kangaroo
Sloth
Mantled guereza
Ex: Yemen chameleon

Since the Binturong has been given, I think we will have others in the next DLC and here is my choice:

1. Dendrolague
2. Caracal
3. Viverine cat
4. Raccoon
5. Coati
6. White-nosed Caoti
7. Atele
8. Siamang
9. Gibbon lar
10. Kinkajou
11. Margay
12. Ocelot
13. Fossa
14. Puma
15. Lynx any
16. Aye-aye
17. Crowned lemur
18. Indri
19. Macaco lemur
20. Lemur with Turkish eyes
21. coquerel sifaka
22. prevost squirrel
23. Tawny lemur

The whole idea of my arboreal pack is to add some animals related to what we've already got, but with the added bonus of them climbing.

1. Lar Gibbon - Our flagship. Too iconic not to include.
2. Fossa - Another popular animal to help sell the pack.
3. Matschie's Tree-Kangaroo - Same reasoning as the fossa. Also adds another marsupial.
4. South American Coati - Mainly just here to add some carnivoran variety (this time, a member of the raccoon family)
5. Brazilian Porcupine - They make the most adorable sounds.
6. Southern Tamandua - Small anteater, that can climb. That's kind of the whole point of the pack.
7. Crocodile Monitor - Probably one of the more unorthodox additions. If the Nile monitor gets diving in a later update, then there's potential to have a monitor for each specialty! New Guinea could always use some more recognition as well.
E. Panther Chameleon

I've been pondering this idea recently. For a broad range of animals I went with;
- Northern white-cheeked gibbon.
- Goodfellow's tree kangaroo.
- North American porcupine.
- Ocelot.
- Coquerel's sifaka.
- Linnaeus's two-toed sloth.
- Malaysian giant squirrel.
- either the panther chameleon or emerald tree boa.

For the last one, I'm suspecting that the panther chameleon will come with the "Africa Pack", either that or another snake (the African rock python is another option). The emerald tree boa on the other hand is pretty iconic in zoos.

Top Bottom