Are NPC's turning faster

Nice Video

Nice video but neither of those ships are Elite and they fight with ram and face tank approach, The assassination mission with a Krait versus a Corvette requires more avoidance and considering we start from the disadvantage of them on our tail we need to evade and then re-acquire from behind.
You have my respect if you can complete the wing assassination missions with a Krait. My video shows quick turning vs the pirates, that is all. My tactics in a shield tank vette don't require much evasion :D

Why do you have a 6b fsd? Just get a 6a, 6c, or a 6d. B rated modules mostly have the most mass. The only cases are utility mounts.
Because B has more integrity and that could make the difference between a rebuy and escape, particularly in a PvP battle (which we know Krash does)? That'd be my guess.
Rebuy on that ship ain't cheap and it's not like jump range is all that important on combat ships.

Because B has more integrity and that could make the difference between a rebuy and escape, particularly in a PvP battle (which we know Krash does)? That'd be my guess.
Rebuy on that ship ain't cheap and it's not like jump range is all that important on combat ships.
I wasn't looking at range, I was looking at speed.

Without FA off?

Yes.

Why do you have a 6b fsd? Just get a 6a, 6c, or a 6d. B rated modules mostly have the most mass. The only cases are utility mounts.

Integrity.

The Corvette's FSD is almost exactly in the center of the ship which means it takes the brunt of module damage not specifically directed elsewhere.

I run a shielded double braced B6 on my combat vette and the extra integrity has saved the vessel dozens of times, either by allowing escape, or simply by absorbing damage that otherwise would have been subtracted from the hull, keeping the ship together long enough to get shields back, or drive off hostiles.

I wasn't looking at range, I was looking at speed.

A dozen extra tons on a 2k ton ship doesn't do much.

Bingo. Jump range is secondary on PvP ships. Note the "Faster reboot sequence" upgrade on there. Same reason.

I'll definitely be looking into getting a ship like this. Might tinker with it. o7
Be careful what you wish for. Since getting my Vette a week ago I've spent a fortune in materials "tinkering". For a large ship it handles so well in combat that I fell instantly in love, but with so many hardpoints it is way too easy to constantly be tinkering and trying different things.

Yeah, I was thinking same way. I had armoured double braced class B FSD. I believed that it will work even at 1% of integrity. And still got FSD malfunction at 80% of its integrity. After that my faith in B modules got weaken.

Shhhh.. Don't tell anyone:
FNS Sleeping Giant
I liked shield recharge time.
o7

Last edited:
NPCs are so underwpowered that you can outturn an Eagle in a FDS...

I also have a fairly low opinion of NPC maneuverability...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJsAljGJ2c

All NPCs are too dependent on rotationals, won't use FA Off, and only the highest ranks seem to use vertical/lateral thrust with any competence.

You have my respect if you can complete the wing assassination missions with a Krait.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqzcTIMw6aU

Was very nearly more of a distributor test than anything...all fixed beams and rails is a suboptimal loadout. Have refined my methodology considerably since then (send the SLF after the MC vulture...it almost never hits it and by the time I'm done with the other three that vulture is about to lose to my GU-97), but the Krait is a pretty tough ship with a lot of margin for error.

Yeah, I was thinking same way. I had armoured double braced class B FSD. I believed that it will work even at 1% of integrity. And still got FSD malfunction at 80% of its integrity. After that my faith in B modules got weaken.

Most modules can malfunction at 80% (iirc) or lower integrity (the main exceptions are shields, shield boosters, and AFMUs), with chances increasing as integrity falls. It's why on my vette I try to get shields back up (it's a hybrid) before I try to wake out, if at all possible, as it can be three or four malfunctions before it works if it's shot to hell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom