Are pack-hounds worth it?

I'm looking for new weapons to use and pack hounds look cool. I'm just wondering if they will be worth the time and credit investment to get them? I'll be using them for PvE, and what kind of mods should I go for?

I'm looking for new weapons to use and pack hounds look cool. I'm just wondering if they will be worth the time and credit investment to get them? I'll be using them for PvE, and what kind of mods should I go for?

It's hard to use missiles for PvE, since they just don't hold a ton of ammo. You could always mod for High Capacity Mag, or go for that sweet sweet armor piercing with Sturdy Mount.

i suggest giving seekers a try and decie after that - packhounds are great, but the only harpoints i use with missiles regularly are small ones (on my cobra), and packhounds only come in medium.

packhounds are as great as seekers pve, overruning npc pointdefence, and they have amazing visuals.

There's a trade off you make with packhounds. They do crap damage against hull. Unlike other explosive weaponry they get the same damage reduction that small weapons do against medium and large ships but they are preferable for wrecking external modules due to overwhelming point defence.

Drag munitions effect on seekers is nice on a slower ship, especially if you want to pirate. It should be good on small ships vs big but most big ships run 0 pips to engines anyways so .....

Thanks for the replies! I think I may go for them. I'll play around with the mods and see what happens. If I don't like them I can put them in storage for later use.

Just go for it. I'm working on getting 8 of them for reasons. 😂 They're the most fun looking weapon. Say goodbye to your frame rate though when you fire them!

I use a lot of missiles, if you target the weapon systems, they are very usefull.. (on any module actually)

You can knock out thrusters, and weapons in only a few shots.

Drag munitions effect on seekers is nice on a slower ship, especially if you want to pirate. It should be good on small ships vs big but most big ships run 0 pips to engines anyways so .....

If your gonna use drag, go with frags. Brutal on big ships and if you grind a faction, the pacifier is ideal for long range frag n drag. Also less work/issue than using drag missile. Also, if they arent using pips to engines they are slow... and slow ships are easy to frag. It's like chasing down an obese cat with a shotgun... never done that but I'm sure it would be similar. Cough.

Top Bottom