Are the Thargoids going on foot in Odyssey?

Greetings,

Update 15 or 16 whenever it comes? Well for the past few months I've been grinding away in Odyssey getting a grade 5 Maverick, Dominator and Manticore weapons. But since human weapons don't do a lot against the Thargoids ships will we have another CG to grind for Thargoid on foot weapons? Will the human weapons when the Thargoids are not in their ships close up and personal work? It worked for the 1996 movie Indenpendence Day.

Will we get to take on their ships sending Thagroid troops to the ground? Another update coming with more bugs as usual for players not interestered in the War. We'll see. But I already know what they look like...

Regards

xenomorph.jpg

Last edited:
FD has given us on foot combat capability right now, but they haven't given us any anti-thargoid weapons yet, so I suspect we should be getting that on foot combat you mentioned with them shortly. It'll be a shame that no one has any anti-thargoid weapons yet, but I'm sure they will appreciate the sacrifice they'll be making to discover that we need those kinds of weapons.

Yupp..... that engineered level 5 dominator suit and rocket launcher you took ages crafting to be the ultimate ground combat weapon .... The thargoid body armor shrugs off and the thargoid.... welll you can guess the rest.
On the plus side, you'll still have all your arms and legs..... on the bad side though, they'll be at different locations to your body..........

Bill

Happy dreams

On the plus side, you'll still have all your arms and legs..
Well an important correction is necessary to that statement. You'll be dead but you will keep your legs. The arms and hands will be necessary so that they can be hooked up to devices which manipulate them, creating all sorts of mechanical creatures that have to be made with these little things we have called fingers. They don't have them; we do.

What makes you think they have feet? :p

Of course there will be the required barrel of laughs when we discover our human foot weapons are ineffective. Then the CG campaign will begin to find ones that work.
I think human weapons will be effective on on foot Thargoid encounters. The Scorpion is my evidence to that: Why have a new SRV built for combat if it isn't that great at navigating settlements at war?
In any case, I wonder if the Thargoid interceptor AI will be updated if on foot encounters are added. As is, they ignore you unless you keep poking them.

I am really, really hoping Update 15 has some Thargoid Odyssey content. I've wandered around crashed interceptors and the Thargoid ground sites in the past, but I want some real fighting on the ground.

Thargoids on foot?
Based on their Ship designs...
I picture them to be less HR Giger, but instead very much HP Lovercraft like creatures...
Very similar to the Elder Things.

Attachments

• Elder Thing.jpg
    Elder Thing.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 32
  • psrqwokpe8u41.jpg
    psrqwokpe8u41.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 40
I think human weapons will be effective on on foot Thargoid encounters. The Scorpion is my evidence to that: Why have a new SRV built for combat if it isn't that great at navigating settlements at war?
In any case, I wonder if the Thargoid interceptor AI will be updated if on foot encounters are added. As is, they ignore you unless you keep poking them.
The Scorpion is actually terrible at combat, easily beaten by the standard scarab.

Top Bottom