Powerplay Arissa Lavigny-Duval Power Play Cycle 19

Hi Cmdrs. I wanted to let you know that Tialocan is in a civil war state. That system is close to HIP 16460 (not sure on the number, it is the one listed as needed help with their own civil war). Tialocan is an Empire Patronage, high tech system. The challenging group is not affiliated with the Empire and a democracy.

I didn't see it on the spreadsheet. Is this a new conflict or am I just missing something?

Fadan, I've no idea if there is another place to report these things, but it may well be useful info for our Inquisitors. I see it is listed on line 286 in the relevant record in the spreadsheet (in the Exploited Systems - Inquisition Focus tab). However, I confess I have replied just so I can say that ever since I first flew through this system, I cannot get a very old, very bad song out of my head. I keep imagining a rare good in the system, ribbons:

Tialocan ribbon round the old Mark III,
It's been 10 light years, do you still love me?

... I'll get my coat ...

Last edited:
Lord of the Isles thanks for the feedback. I figured it out and yes I was definitely missing something. There is a Civil War in the Tialocan system, but it is the other Empire faction that controls the system. (oops!) But it is a good system to repair/rearm if you are working the conflict in HIP 16460 so I guess it wasn't a complete waste of a post.

TLDR - oops. I messed up. Sorry!

I'm rather new at this, so forgive my asking... But it seems like some systems have been fortified well over 500%... Other systems have their fortification cancelled, and it looks like those are just slightly above the 100 mark.

Are we as players stopping the fortifications, and why on earth aren't systems automatically put on hold when they reach 100? Then we could force fortification to systems still below the line.

The Inquisitors? Where do I find them?

I'm rather new at this, so forgive my asking... But it seems like some systems have been fortified well over 500%... Other systems have their fortification cancelled, and it looks like those are just slightly above the 100 mark.

Are we as players stopping the fortifications, and why on earth aren't systems automatically put on hold when they reach 100? Then we could force fortification to systems still below the line.

The Inquisitors? Where do I find them?

Welcome CMDR. You may be new but those are all good questions.

1. Fortifying over 100% is indeed pointless. We should stop after 100% but many commanders either don't know that or are just earning merits, not caring that they are not at the same time helping our Power (some activities like Preparing bad systems even damage ALD). Lots of players, from all powers, have pleaded with FD about changes & bug fixes but two of the biggest ones are (i) allowing some way to communicate & organise in-game and (ii) changing the game so that wasted work either doesn't count or doesn't give as many merits as useful work. FD have made a few minor changes e.g. to PP UI info but nothing substantial. It is frustrating.

[ Edit: Of course, occasionally Research asks us to stop fortifying - when CMDRs might then sensibly over-fortify done systems to keep their merit totals up. No harm in that case. ]

2. The Inquisition can be found through the "Dispatch from the Kamadhenu Herald", the first post in this thread (always the first post every week in each new cycle). Lots of useful links in it about the various activities of ALD. The Inquisition is the last section of that first post - links there to the Chapterhouse of Inquisition website (from where people can submit forms to update system info on e.g. Civil Wars) and to the newsletter, The Chapterhouse Lantern.

Last edited:
Im using Priority List, and choose Jura. But Jura already Fortified, just update the status.

Upload.png

Sorry, been away too long...

So, if the priority list is empty, what should we do and what we shouldn't do with fortification?

The list is probably empty because every system above the blue line is fortified. So everybody should stop fortifying.
Go undermining, or help in the Pegasi War.

I never understood the 1775% garrison either, but hey, that's people. Go undermining. Just came back from another 600 merit undermine of our dear friend Felicia Winters. Feds are going down, punks (this is a lol post and the views and opinions of this poster have nothing to do with the view of Arissa's little legion)..

Sorry, been away too long...

So, if the priority list is empty, what should we do and what we shouldn't do with fortification?

Never worry. I have a terrible record at predictions but *cross fingers* this could be one of those cycles without a mad panic overnight on Wed. But still a few useful activities if you fancy them (or need the extra merits):

• Oppose the Winters expansion in Mangwe system (works a bit like underming - you shoot down Fed-Aid ships in that system for 30 merits a pop).
  • Undermine against Delaine (30 merits per kill)
  • Trucking: no Fortification needs done but Preparation of LTT 2667 & Tiburnat still needed to keep them 1st & 2nd above the bad candidates. Pick up Corruption Reports at any ALD Control system and deliver them to either of the two above. 1 merit per tonne. If you have a medium-pad capable trader then Tiburnat is the one to go for since it is a comfortable but not yet safe 4k tonnes ahead of 3rd place at the moment (LTT 2667 is 14k ahead of 3rd).

For more details, the Dispatch (first post in this thread) usually has links about these activities.

Last edited:
Not sure where to ask this or a little bit on how to ask this seeing as this is politics and what not. How soon before Arissa Lavigny-Duval is crowned emperor. Also what happens if she gets married seeings as she is titled Emperor what would her spouse be labeled as. I ask this because I am not sure how Empire Politics and law works.

Also what happens if she gets married seeings as she is titled Emperor what would her spouse be labeled as. I ask this because I am not sure how Empire Politics and law works.
Imperial Consort.

Sort of like Prince Phillip of England. He is married to the Queen, but is not King but the Royal Consort.

Last edited:
Imperial Consort.

Sort of like Prince Phillip of England. He is married to the Queen, but is not King but the Royal Consort.

Technically, we have no idea how it would work. We look to how modern Britain handles it, because FDev is British, and it's a great solution.

But there is absolutely no precedence for a female Emperor, so no precedence for what her potential husband would be called.

Technically, without the marriage, Senator Lavigny is still an illegitimate child of Hegist Duval, and has put her claim to Prince Aristide Lavigny's inheritance in murky waters. It's possible that under Imperial law she has no claim to any inheritance, due to the Prince's sons who were sent to prison for treason during Frontier First Encounters.

From "Who is the Assassin?" report:
It is now confirmed that both the Prince's sons, Paul and Thibault de Lavigny are being held for trial charged with High Treason and Attempted Regicide.

Now that we know that Florence Lavigny, Prince Aristide's wife, was sleeping with Emperor Hengist Duval, a reason for the Lavigny heirs to attempt regicide comes to light. What we don't know is whether these princes are still alive, or if Arissa is now the sole surviving recognised heir of both the Lavigny and the Duval families.

If that's the case, we don't even know what name she will take upon being crowned Emperor, let alone what a potential future husband might be called, or what power he might hold.

Even Queen Victoria's Prince Consort Albert was quite active in British politics, though not in any elected capacity. He was also fairly active in his own duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld. The Great Exhibition of 1851 would not have happened without the Prince Consort's active efforts.

Technically, we have no idea how it would work. We look to how modern Britain handles it, because FDev is British, and it's a great solution.

But there is absolutely no precedence for a female Emperor, so no precedence for what her potential husband would be called.

Technically, without the marriage, Senator Lavigny is still an illegitimate child of Hegist Duval, and has put her claim to Prince Aristide Lavigny's inheritance in murky waters. It's possible that under Imperial law she has no claim to any inheritance, due to the Prince's sons who were sent to prison for treason during Frontier First Encounters.

From "Who is the Assassin?" report:

Now that we know that Florence Lavigny, Prince Aristide's wife, was sleeping with Emperor Hengist Duval, a reason for the Lavigny heirs to attempt regicide comes to light. What we don't know is whether these princes are still alive, or if Arissa is now the sole surviving recognised heir of both the Lavigny and the Duval families.

If that's the case, we don't even know what name she will take upon being crowned Emperor, let alone what a potential future husband might be called, or what power he might hold.

Even Queen Victoria's Prince Consort Albert was quite active in British politics, though not in any elected capacity. He was also fairly active in his own duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld. The Great Exhibition of 1851 would not have happened without the Prince Consort's active efforts.

Hmm sadly I never played any of the previous games. Seems confusing since I thought Aisling Duval would have been the choice because of formal records but I guess politics is a fickle thing.

Preparations/Nominations

Every CMDR of Rank 2 or higher gets a number of Preparation Nominations every cycle. If you haven't used yours already this week, our two preferred candidate systems in Preparation (LTT 2667 & Tiburnat) are in 1st & 2nd but the latter has only a 3k or so lead over the poorer 3rd place system. So Nominations for Tiburnat are requested.

You don't even have to travel there: just go to Navigation screen -> Galactic Powers -> ALD -> Preparation, select Tiburnat, click on the Nominate button and put them all into this system.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Damn, why is the coronation taking so long?

hand A doesnt talk to powerplay cycle coordinator hand B ?

Thats the only logical theory I have where it comes to things, like this, which have been inexplicably late and end up in sync with PP cycles

hand A doesnt talk to powerplay cycle coordinator hand B ?

Thats the only logical theory I have where it comes to things, like this, which have been inexplicably late and end up in sync with PP cycles

I'm not even asking them to coordinate, and I don't think PP has ever influenced the story, I've never seen a correlation between the two. But I at least would expect hand A to follow his own schedule. This is highly unprofessional, and it is not the first time it happens. I remember a few months ago that the wedding missed the first date and there was no mention about it on Galnet.

Last edited:
I'm not even asking them to coordinate, and I don't think PP has ever influenced the story, I've never seen a correlation between the two. But I at least would expect hand A to follow his own schedule. This is highly unprofessional, and it is not the first time it happens. I remember a few months ago that the wedding missed the first date and there was no mention about it on Galnet.

There was no mention of the delay, but there was an article published with the 'accurate' date the day of the previous date.

PP has influenced the story, explicitly in how the Pegasi Pirate Conflict has been portrayed, and not just by CMDR submitted articles. Additionally, I believe that the Power Play status of Imperial Powers and their player contribution week to week has influenced how FDev decided to play the succession storyline.

Top Bottom