Artificial Structures

Landing on a planet out in the middle of the Deep and I see "Artificial Structures".
Who built these? 3 Building and Active Power Source. External lights on.
Tried to attach Screenshot but says "Image File Type Invalid". It's a BMP.
What File Types Are valid?

8FRtrMO.png

The light source in this picture is my ship.

You can get data from the tower to use in engineering, I suppose. The buildings are impenetrable and there is nothing else (other than parts from the skimmers you blow up.)

Perhaps it's a mistake. There's nothing out here!

Tried to attach Screenshot but says "Image File Type Invalid". It's a BMP.
What File Types Are valid?
PNG, JPEG would be better... Even better use IMGUR or another service to store your pictures, because after sharing a dozen or so, you will bump against another limit.

It's a known issue: apparently the algorithm adds 3 or more human POI to every landable planet in the galaxy, independent of its distance from the nearest settlement.

It's in all likelihood an oversight that will be addressed at a later stage.

I've had first footfalls in front of those structures, guarded by sentry drones, thousands of light years away from civilisation. 😅

edit: fixed a few typos

Last edited:
8FRtrMO.png

The light source in this picture is my ship.

You can get data from the tower to use in engineering, I suppose. The buildings are impenetrable and there is nothing else (other than parts from the skimmers you blow up.)

Perhaps it's a mistake. There's nothing out here!
Where I'm at there are 7 locations of structures, minor wreckage and Active Power Source, which was in the SS I took.
More proof of Aliens? :]

There should be small screen, you can find it on foot, with some data to download. I collected Manufacturing Instructions, Operation Manual etc.

I'm sure this is a bug but there's a part of me that thinks stuff like this needs to be at least possible to find out there. We're able to haul huge carriers all over the galaxy and can jump to the other side of it in a matter of hours these days. It's not a massive stretch to find the odd habitation/human structure out there. Just maybe not as commonly as I'm guessing it is now.

I'm out usually scanning for life anyway, so it's kind of fun to sometimes park near one of these things, despite not being in, or near Sol, and just raid the joint for mats and literally leave from there, on SRV, to scan for biology. Because of these sites, in fact, I've outfitted my Keelback with 2x C1 dumbfire missile racks, engineered for G3 capacity and I can unload on skimmers LOL. Watch them explode. Usually one well placed missile can take out 2-3 of them in one go.

Top Bottom