ARX for Watching Advertisements During the Loading Screen

We spend so much time on the loading screen (aka witch space), it seems like a missed opportunity to further monetize the game. You could award ARX to players for watching the ads! It would be another way to earn those sweet ARX just for playing the game!

I really don't want to see this in game. But if they do want to do something like this as an opt in, (opt in, not mandatory or even opt out, opt in), I suppose I have no issue with it really. Would rather they spent their time on fixing bugs or adding new game play, or custom crafting some new missions/story lines than coding in ads though.

That'll be a mess. The game launcher doesn't even correctly show stuff happening in the main game (old store stuff, broken links and no news).
I don't want to be flying through witchspace looking at a broken link image.

Dude, its time you got over your salt about ARX. Its there, its there to stay, get over it.

Right... and I've been earning them sooooo slowly. If I could speed that up by watching adds during that boring load screen that I have to watch over and over and over and over and over and over again.....

I might as well benefit from it.... and so should FDev. ;)

20200216_163122.jpg

Seriously? What's the difference between watching swirly witch space effects a million times for nothing or seeing a quick add play for some ARX and a boost to FDevs income statement?

What if this little change could fund servers that allow P2P networking to be removed?

What if this little change could fund servers that allow P2P networking to be removed?

Only if you made the ads compulsory because 99.99999% of us will opt out of them the minute they appear, and what gives you nay idea that FDEV will ever move away from the P2P networking model. In fact I suspect the P2P networking model is the only thing that makes ED possible as a sandbox MMO the size of a galaxy.

Only if you made the ads compulsory because 99.99999% of us will opt out of them the minute they appear, and what gives you nay idea that FDEV will ever move away from the P2P networking model. In fact I suspect the P2P networking model is the only thing that makes ED possible as a sandbox MMO the size of a galaxy.

You wouldn't watch an ad in boring witch space for the benefit of the game? You got something better to do during that loading screen?

Who knows if P2P is the only way? FDev sure does. I'm suggesting that if it is a cost issue, it could be solved with a passive revenue stream... Everyone wins. You get Arx, they get money.

I mean look, it's not that bad.

1581985235096.png

I think you have it backwards. We get the ads no matter what, but we can spend Arx to skip them.

That way Frontier is (potentially) making money on both ends.

I'm giving you a B- in money grubbing for the week. Tough but fair, I think.

You wouldn't watch an ad in boring witch space for the benefit of the game? You got something better to do during that loading screen?

Who knows if P2P is the only way? FDev sure does. I'm suggesting that if it is a cost issue, it could be solved with a passive revenue stream... Everyone wins. You get Arx, they get money.

I mean look, it's not that bad.

View attachment 162625

I would find that to be grotesque and would stop playing altogether if they were compulsory, so that's a no, I wouldn't watch an ad like that at all because I wouldn't be playing the game. Now lets be clear, it's exceedingly rare for me to say anything like that at all, the reason being if I say something it's a given that I would do that, you can accept my word on anything 100%.

I think you have it backwards. We get the ads no matter what, but we can spend Arx to skip them.

That way Frontier is (potentially) making money on both ends.

I'm giving you a B- in money grubbing for the week. Tough but fair, I think.
That's going too far!

Right... and I've been earning them sooooo slowly. If I could speed that up by watching adds during that boring load screen that I have to watch over and over and over and over and over and over again.....
I might as well benefit from it.... and so should FDev. ;)

You are aware that you can purchase ARX in the Store too right? ;)

Top Bottom