Asked for verification code every time when launching from Steam.

This problem began last night.

I launched the ED launcher from Steam and logged in as normal. I was asked to enter a verification code that was sent to me in email. I checked my email and entered the code.

The launcher then told me that ED required an update. Steam, however, was not picking up any updates. This occurred repeatedly.

I then launched the launcher from the ED install directory rather than Steam. The launcher let me in without issue, not even requiring a code. However, it did not launch in VR. It did cause SteamVR to launch, though, and closing SteamVR closed the game.

Retrying again from Steam produced the same effect as before: update required.

Through Steam, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. This solved the "update required" issue but it has not solved the verification code issue. Every time I launch the game through Steam and authenticate I am emailed a verification code as though I am running the game from a new computer. The code works, but having to go through the process every time is irritating.

I tried removing ~\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments but that did not resolve the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried launching the game from steam by right clicking it in your library and selecting it that way? Seems there are some issues with steam trying to run the wrong launcher, but right clicking and selecting it that way has been working for some folks.

Is there a way to fix it so the desktop shortcut launches the correct launcher? Even right clicking and launching it that way still makes me enter a verification code.

Is there a way to fix it so the desktop shortcut launches the correct launcher? Even right clicking and launching it that way still makes me enter a verification code.
Have you tried adding /edh to the command line for the shortcut? Not sure if that is still a valid command line as of this week's patch, but worth a try.

See screenshot of the launch options that were already there.

That's the steam launch options though, if you re using a desktop shortcut you probably need to set the command line option in the shortcut itself.

bah, okay, you have a steam launch shortcut not a direct launch shortcut. My bad! The steam command line should be applied in that case. Sorry to have been of no help and just a general nuisance. :(

I have the same problem here. I've tried every step in the FAQ to solve this. I've made the logout machine step, set "/Steam" in launcher properties and the launcher still asks me to insert a verification code every time I play the game. Opened a support ticket and they told me to download the game outside Steam e make a standalone installation. No way I will do it. I have a Steam version and the game must work that way. Still waiting for a reply from support.

Ditto the above....SOLVE THE PROBLEM PLEASE! Hellishly annoying! I play in VR and cannot login to the game and play the game in VR without steam. If you figure out how to do the VR thing without steam...let me know.

This sound like an issue for tech support. I use Steam and don't have this problem. I even log off and on my 3 ED accounts with no problems. It only asks for verification occasionally, when there's been an update or something.

Let's hope they come up with an answer for y'all.

Someone who had what sounds like the same problem just posted in this forum. They said they needed to enter the Steam game key into their Frontier account.

I have 5 paid for ED accounts. My GF has 2. When I run the game through Steam there are no issues, but it will only log me into my primary account bought through Steam. If I attempt to log in with any other of my 4 credentials I just get sent back to Log In & another verification is sent. This loops on forever. I bought the game through epic too. When I log in with epic, again all fine, for the one account I bought through epic, but I get the same verification loop if I try a different login. This is very annoying...

I have 5 paid for ED accounts. My GF has 2. When I run the game through Steam there are no issues, but it will only log me into my primary account bought through Steam. If I attempt to log in with any other of my 4 credentials I just get sent back to Log In & another verification is sent. This loops on forever. I bought the game through epic too. When I log in with epic, again all fine, for the one account I bought through epic, but I get the same verification loop if I try a different login. This is very annoying...

Accounts bought on steam will only work on the steam launcher, accounts bought on epic will only work with the epic launcher, accounts bought with the original launcher will only work with that too.

Also, with 5 accounts, make sure you are using the correct email address for the correct account.

Thank you, I get that. But my problem is I have 2 x Steam Accounts & 2 x Epic Accounts. It's switching between the 2 Steam And switching between the 2 Epics which is the problem. I'm not trying to use either of my Epic accounts on Steam, or vice versa.

Top Bottom