Asp Ex Update

Hi guys!

I've been an avid flyer of the Asp Explorer for short to medium range exploration and I want to put in the corrosion resistant cargo rack but a class one is wasted as I'm using it for the scanner. So, I was wandering if you could increase the size of one of the class 3 slots in order to accommodate this. My setup would now look like this:

Class 6 - 6A Fuel scoop
Class 5 - 5H FSD Booster
Class 3 - Cargo rack (or Class 4 corrosion resistant cargo)
Class 3 - 3A AFMU
Class 3 - 3D Shield generator
2x Class 2 - 2G SRV bays
Class 1 - 1I DSS

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
07 CMDR's and fly safe!

AspX having one of the size3 slots upgraded to size4? This would allow a 4G Hangar while still having 6A fuel scoop and 5h guardian FSD booster
yea, this would be great - but ... wishful thinking

Actually, using it for a class 4 SRV bay wouldn't be a bad idea if you haven't unlocked the class 4 corrosion resistant cargo bay!

I know but the 6 isn’t for a fuel scoop and class 5 for a FSD booster. Although if you don’t have the booster but somehow have the corrosion Resistant Cargo Rack then it could be used instead

@alex8obrien: While I do get where you coming from, as an Asp Explorer fan myself I disagree that what you are asking for is either appropriate or necessary.

Personally, I would use the DBX for the use case that you are wanting to use the AspX for.

@alex8obrien: While I do get where you coming from, as an Asp Explorer fan myself I disagree that what you are asking for is either appropriate or necessary.

Personally, I would use the DBX for the use case that you are wanting to use the AspX for.
True but the DBX has a smaller jump range, fuel scoop and less optional slots. If you can afford the AspX may aa well get that until the anaconda

True but the DBX has a smaller jump range, fuel scoop and less optional slots. If you can afford the AspX may aa well get that until the anaconda
It uses much less fuel thus the smaller fuel scoop is moot.

It's optional slots are not tight enough to complain about - especially since a free C1 slot was added to ALL ships and the ADS requirement was factored out.

Jump range wise - my DBX has a longer range than my AspX - both are engineered A-spec in the main with military grade armour and Bi-Weave shields. You may be able to squeeze out more jump range with the AspX by min-maxing but to me that is a fool's errand for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
If you're using it for short and medium range trips, then you could put the corrosion resistant rack in the class 5 slot, and drop to a class 3 Guardian FSD booster. You only lose about 3 LY range this way, and you probably have over 60 LY to start with, so it's only one extra jump per 1000 LY.

If you're using it for short and medium range trips, then you could put the corrosion resistant rack in the class 5 slot, and drop to a class 3 Guardian FSD booster. You only lose about 3 LY range this way, and you probably have over 60 LY to start with, so it's only one extra jump per 1000 LY.

That is a fairly good point to be fair. It just depends on what you're using for. Yesterday, for example I changed my anaconda for an all economy passenger ship for fast ranking so now my AspX has to become my "long range" ship.

07, CMDRS! Fly safe!

Top Bottom