General Assign NPC crew members to the spare cockpit seat so we can actually see our NPC crew members in our cockpits!!

Seeing the NPCs would be cool indeed.

Some ships even have two extra seats for multicrew so it would be even cooler if there was some benefit in bringing two NPC crew memebers on board. They could have the roles assigned and provide some bonuses. One role is the obvious SLF pilot, the other could be a gunner who would take control of turreted weapons and so increased their accuracy a bit compared when the targetting is handled by the ship's computer. The bonus would raise with the NPC's rank. Ofcourse the turreted weapons would NOT be pinpoint accurate with the NPC handling them but just some increase in their efficiency thanks to the seat being occupied would be nice. If a player joins you, they can add one extra pip to the ship distributor. We can assign "half-pips" so maybe the NPC in the gunner role (not the SLF pilot role - the SLFs can be good on their own even without this extra pip) could add one such "half-pip" to the distributor - half-pip to make it more prefferable to have a real player on board.

The multi crew is still somewhat broken, as people often get game crashes when they try to join, payouts from missions in multicrew are also bugged I hear...people don't bother with the multicrew in general so this might be a way to make the seats useful. But even if it is just a display of the NPCs with no additional effect, I would take it over having nothing.

Seeing the NPCs would be cool indeed.

Some ships even have two extra seats for multicrew so it would be even cooler if there was some benefit in bringing two NPC crew memebers on board. They could have the roles assigned and provide some bonuses. One role is the obvious SLF pilot, the other could be a gunner who would take control of turreted weapons and so increased their accuracy a bit compared when the targetting is handled by the ship's computer. The bonus would raise with the NPC's rank. Ofcourse the turreted weapons would NOT be pinpoint accurate with the NPC handling them but just some increase in their efficiency thanks to the seat being occupied would be nice. If a player joins you, they can add one extra pip to the ship distributor. We can assign "half-pips" so maybe the NPC in the gunner role (not the SLF pilot role - the SLFs can be good on their own even without this extra pip) could add one such "half-pip" to the distributor - half-pip to make it more prefferable to have a real player on board.

The multi crew is still somewhat broken, as people often get game crashes when they try to join, payouts from missions in multicrew are also bugged I hear...people don't bother with the multicrew in general so this might be a way to make the seats useful. But even if it is just a display of the NPCs with no additional effect, I would take it over having nothing.
Very well thought and said.

Still waiting for Mr. Braben's answer to my DM. Maybe next week...
Though it's quite interesting to see how, since 2015, the devs have been taking care not to ever answer to that request or comment it. Not a single word. Nada. It's like it's been puzzling them from the start, like they know we're right about it and they don't know what to say.

Last edited:
... ... Mr Braben ? ED devs ? Are you there ?
Don't want to sound pessimistic or anything but when was the last time you saw someone from the devs comment on anything on this forum?

I would suggest starting a ticket at the Issue Tracker and link the issue to this post (ideally to the first post) so that people who read this can go there and vote on priority for this thing. If FDev really address the issues from the tracker based on how many people voted it as priority (which they sort of said in one of their recent announcements) then the issue tracker post would have a slightly higher chance to get their attention.
Even if the ticket gets a lot of votes the chance they will do anything is really slim but the chance that FDev will do anything based on a forum topic is pretty much zero.

Don't want to sound pessimistic or anything but when was the last time you saw someone from the devs comment on anything on this forum?

I would suggest starting a ticket at the Issue Tracker and link the issue to this post (ideally to the first post) so that people who read this can go there and vote on priority for this thing. If FDev really address the issues from the tracker based on how many people voted it as priority (which they sort of said in one of their recent announcements) then the issue tracker post would have a slightly higher chance to get their attention.
Even if the ticket gets a lot of votes the chance they will do anything is really slim but the chance that FDev will do anything based on a forum topic is pretty much zero.
Just did that. Thanks for the tip.

TO ALL OF YOU THAT REACTED TO THIS THREAD AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME NPC IN YOUR COCKPIT, PLEASE VOTE FOR THE ISSUE TRACKER TICKET I SUBMITTED :

Just did that. Thanks for the tip.

TO ALL OF YOU THAT REACTED TO THIS THREAD AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME NPC IN YOUR COCKPIT, PLEASE VOTE FOR THE ISSUE TRACKER TICKET I SUBMITTED :

I've added my voice to your tracker ticket. As a solo player that doesn't use SLF craft much, this would be a nice addition just for the eye candy and head canon factors. Besides, where does that SLF pilot sit for their telepresence operations? I'm sure they're tired of hanging out in the cargo hold...I don't think it's climate controlled in there.

Top Bottom