Horizons Astronauts been farting too much on their landings?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
After I parked my trade-Python and splodged the best part of my cash on a properly fitted exploration Asp with an SRV I beelined for SOL for a quick stop on the moon as a starting point for my trip into the inky voids. But it doesn't seem landable! Or does it actually have an atmosphere? What's going on, anyone know?

Moon will probably need a permit, just like the whole SOL system does. FD repeatedly mentioned planetary permits as being a thing in Horizons. So afaik the moon is off limits for now.

If I remember correctly there's is something special reserved for our moon but it's not ready yet. So I guess it'll be landable in 2.1 or 2.2 or during this season.

I was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't land where-ever I wanted...

I knew that inhabited planets, like Earth, Mars, Achenar and so on would be off-limits. But a majority of uninhabited planets are also off limits.

The easy way to find out where you can land is to go to your Navigation page on the left, then open the Filters and set the filter to "Landfall planets" (or some such filter option, don't have the exact wording as I am at work).

By setting that filter it will only display planets where you can land in your Navigation page.

Really hope they improve on this so we can land on any planet we want to (except planets like gas giants where, well, there is nowhere to land...)

I was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't land where-ever I wanted...

I knew that inhabited planets, like Earth, Mars, Achenar and so on would be off-limits. But a majority of uninhabited planets are also off limits.

The easy way to find out where you can land is to go to your Navigation page on the left, then open the Filters and set the filter to "Landfall planets" (or some such filter option, don't have the exact wording as I am at work).

By setting that filter it will only display planets where you can land in your Navigation page.

Really hope they improve on this so we can land on any planet we want to (except planets like gas giants where, well, there is nowhere to land...)

They've been extremely clear that the first update of Horizons (2.0) will feature only airless worlds. You can see which planets and moons you can land on in the system map - they have a partial ring around them. I didn't realize there was also a filter, that's handy.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom