Attempting Sol to Beagle Point with no fuel scoop/fuel rat assistance

UPDATE: Just entered the Izanami region, i'm 27,571 ly from BP, have used 286 tons of fuel and averaging 164.76 lypt. Estimates have gone up to going 61,252 ly...gap is still closing and the past 12 tons or so ive been getting over 220 ly per ton so i expect the gap to continue to keep closing in...starting to get a real good feeling about this now! Will update when i enter Newtons Vault Region.

UPDATE: Due to forums being down didnt get to post Newtons Vault Region update, but i have entered the Formorian Frontier Region today.
I am 15,626.9 ly from BP, and have used 358 tons of fuel, averaging 171.75 ly per ton. I have flown 76.14% of the distance to BP, and used 77.15% of my fuel. Based on averages this means i will come up 1,010 ly short...but thing about averages is right now where i am at im currently getting +230 ly which means by the time i get to the abyss and have to start using my jumponium the average estimates should be greater instead of short...i will update again when i get to the abyss. Been covering a lot of ground now that stars are thinning out, but i'm thinking i should be at the end of my trip around next Tuesday, i'll make sure to post when im going to be entering the last day so anyone interested in watching if i make it or not will can watch the stream.

OKAY>>>>THE MOMENT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR:

My trip is over...i ended up at Ceeckia OT-Q C21-0, 156 ly away from Beagle Point. It was a long trip, and on the plus side...if i didnt bring an AMFU and instead used a 4 ton fuel tank in its place....this journey would have been made, which means that the trip is possible. I just didnt get it, but now my curiosity has been fed and can move onto other things. Maybe in a year or two i will attempt again if no one else wants to break this record....i did fly over 65,000ly. I did stream it, got here faster than i thought so didnt have time to notify here and expect anyone to have read it so sorry about

I traveled 81,956 ly, (65,149 straight line) in 22,538 jumps on 464 tons of fuel, averaging 176ly per ton (140.4lypt straight line).

Am i upset? no, im actually amazed i made it this far after 22,538 jumps and still had hull at 95%, I'm happy knowing that the trip is possible even though it wasnt by me and want to thank all of you that cheered on during this 3 month ordeal.

I am currently traveling towards BP in supercruise, have about 30 minutes of fuel in reserve tank. Seeing if i can get to 155ly of BP this way while listening to Drift Away by Dobie Gray, if any of you want to get visual/audio idea of how i am ending this trip. gonna fly to the death.

See you all in the black....i'll be out there. Watching.Through binoculars. While holding a blue mug.

-Swankycriminal signing out...

Last edited:

My trip is over...i ended up at Ceeckia OT-Q C21-0, 156 ly away from Beagle Point. It was a long trip, and on the plus side...if i didnt bring an AMFU and instead used a 4 ton fuel tank in its place....this journey would have been made, which means that the trip is possible. I just didnt get it, but now my curiosity has been fed and can move onto other things. Maybe in a year or two i will attempt again if no one else wants to break this record....i did fly over 65,000ly. I did stream it, got here faster than i thought so didnt have time to notify here and expect anyone to have read it so sorry about

I traveled 81,956 ly, (65,149 straight line) in 22,538 jumps on 464 tons of fuel, averaging 176ly per ton (140.4lypt straight line).

Am i upset? no, im actually amazed i made it this far after 22,538 jumps and still had hull at 95%, I'm happy knowing that the trip is possible even though it wasnt by me and want to thank all of you that cheered on during this 3 month ordeal.

I am currently traveling towards BP in supercruise, have about 30 minutes of fuel in reserve tank. Seeing if i can get to 155ly of BP this way while listening to Drift Away by Dobie Gray, if any of you want to get visual/audio idea of how i am ending this trip. gonna fly to the death.

See you all in the black....i'll be out there. Watching.Through binoculars. While holding a blue mug.

-Swankycriminal signing out...
WOW! Just three jumps away? That's so close it's painful!

Congrats!

My trip is over...i ended up at Ceeckia OT-Q C21-0, 156 ly away from Beagle Point. It was a long trip, and on the plus side...if i didnt bring an AMFU and instead used a 4 ton fuel tank in its place....this journey would have been made, which means that the trip is possible.
what the hell did you took an AFMU for ?! to repair the fuel tanks ?! ;)

serious, congratz to this!!
I'm sure there will be other crazy enthusiastic CMDRs who try to beat your record soon :)

what the hell did you took an AFMU for ?! to repair the fuel tanks ?! ;)

serious, congratz to this!!
I'm sure there will be other crazy enthusiastic CMDRs who try to beat your record soon :)

Well, if you were with me on my Sol-> Sag A -> Colonia run, you would very well understand why i'd take an AFMU....from the Canopy about to blow any second to the constant FSD failures i thought i'd play it safe....who knew id make only 5-6 mistakes in +22,000 jumps....im sure if i try this again and replace the AFMU with a 4 ton fuel tank i'd end up making to many e-drops to complete the journey....life is ironic this way lol

Lest we forget that you had already lost your ship 5,000+ jumps into your first attempt whilst dealing a sudden and urgent real life situation. A week later you were back at it.
Congratulations Swa!! Nothing worthwhile comes easy. Now go do something you do enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom