General Auto pitch-up near planets toggle.

I would actually request this NOT be added. Your ship has a pitch ladder within planetary flight, and just seems like one more toggle to worry about, and another keybind. I'm not sure what the application would be to have one other than preventing crashes with the planet surface.

As I mentioned previously - You can inhibit the auto leveller, has been like that since horizons launched.

Personally I would like a way to turn it back on when running with 4PIPS to ENG and full throttle, since the ship no longer automatically maintains a 0 degree pitch angle.

The op's idea for a toggle in the functions panel would be great.

I would actually request this NOT be added. Your ship has a pitch ladder within planetary flight, and just seems like one more toggle to worry about, and another keybind. I'm not sure what the application would be to have one other than preventing crashes with the planet surface.
I dont see the issue here since it would likely be on by default just like flight assist

the UI? it already has over 100 different elments whats one more?
also you know you can just bind a button for those things instead of using the UI right?

Perhaps you misunderstood, people are complaining about having more clutter in the side panels. We already have a toggle for rotational correction. Rarely used, and only in orbitals. That could double up and have a use on planets. No need for anything extra added. It was a suggestion.

I guess you don't realise that many of those functions do not have an equivalent binding. Something we have requested be changed since Alpha. Request docking/DC Enable/disable and most recently SCA.

Look, if you don't like the OP's request, that's fine, it means nothing to me. This is a suggestion forum, I happen to agree to with him.

Last edited:
Perhaps you misunderstood, people are complaining about having more clutter in the side panels. We already have a toggle for rotational correction. Rarely used, and only in orbitals. That could double up and have a use on planets. No need for anything extra added. It was a suggestion.

I guess you don't realise that many of those functions do not have an equivalent binding. Something we have requested be changed since Alpha. Request docking/DC Enable/disable and most recently SCA.
im well aware that alot of functions dont have bindings, but most if not all of ship functions have an input field avalible. seeing as flight assist and rotational correction both have bindings I dont see why frontier wouldnt add a binding for auto-align to horizon.

im well aware that alot of functions dont have bindings, but most if not all of ship functions have an input field avalible. seeing as flight assist and rotational correction both have bindings I dont see why frontier wouldnt add a binding for auto-align to horizon.

I'm sure they could mate, we are debating absolutely nothing 😂 We have been asking for a true flight path vector forever, far more important. the devs are not interested in these ideas.

Back
Top Bottom