News AX Fighter Changes Notification

Greetings Commanders,

Just a quick update for you about the recently released AX Fighter.

Yesterday we released the AX fighter, a new experimental weapon that is meant to be used against the Thargoids.
Unfortunately we have identified a bug with the AX fighter's statistics that makes it effective against human targets as well as Thargoids.
The released AX fighters is currently comparable with the top end fighters in combat against humans and NPCs.
In the coming weeks there will be a stability update in which we plan to fix this bug, significantly decreasing the fighter’s effectiveness against human and NPC pilots, we will also ensure that its limited availability is improved.

We don't believe this will affect players in a drastic way, but wanted to make sure we let you know ASAP.

Thanks!

Ed

we just had a thread over on Steam wondering when the nerf was coming...so another client update is in the works. Just stability or anything else? :)

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Yesterday we released the AX fighter...
yesterday?
its thursday... it was released on MONDAY... and is still not to be found anywhere but in those two stations that sell everything

not the song is playin in my head "where have i been in the night from friday to monday"... thank you.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Yesterday we released the AX fighter, a new experimental weapon that is meant to be used against the Thargoids.
Unfortunately we have identified a bug with the AX fighter's statistics that makes it effective against human targets as well as Thargoids.
The released AX fighters is currently comparable with the top end fighters in combat against humans and NPCs.
In the coming weeks there will be a stability update in which we plan to fix this bug, significantly decreasing the fighter’s effectiveness against human and NPC pilots, we will also ensure that its limited availability is improved.

We don't believe this will affect players in a drastic way, but wanted to make sure we let you know ASAP.

Thanks!

Ed
This AX fighter was dractically hyped. It is not this OP. Don't make this mistake. First time in 2.4 you make something that is actually usefull. Turns out, this was a bug. Just by thinking that even bug have better game design ability than you.. You never cease to amaze..

Amazing..

Much Exciting..

Last edited by a moderator:
This AX fighter was dractically hyped. It is not this OP. Don't make this mistake. First time in 2.4 you make something that is actually usefull. Turns out, this was a bug. Just by thinking that even bug have better game design ability than you.. You never cease to amaze..

Amazing..

Much Exciting..

They are fixing something which doesnt work as intended and still people complain.. You complainers never cease to amaze..

Last edited by a moderator:
They are fixing something which doesnt work as intended and still people complain.. You complainers never cease to amaze..

It not like that.. FD make something that actually work, and don`t need any "fixing", but it will be nerfed anyway, this is sad :(

Last edited:
Did you even tested this AX-1 Fighter? Cause i did.. It is not OP in any way. And don't need any fix. It is a fighter that don't have even utility..

If the fighter is not useful, then why complain? Surely you haven't used it so far, and the change won't affect you, right? Because is a useless fighter.

If the fighter is not useful, then why complain? Surely you haven't used it so far, and the change won't affect you, right? Because is a useless fighter.
I am sure FD will do just fine without defenders like you.

He said that he did use it and that it is not OP, not that it is useless. "Utility" means Utility mount, as opposed to hardpoint.

Last edited:
Yes this Fighter is OP all fighters are OP with Regard to their Size and Price,It seems particularly effective against hull which is just eats,No anti thargoid weapons are effective against Human ships so why should the Anti thargoid fighter be any Different

That is a big surprise.
Well if i recall the last releases this makes me to believe there is something wrong
with your dev and qa department. (shortened resources. eh ;))

Just take that as a sidenote for ya dev & qa workflows. (ya know what i mean ^^ )

Good luck.

So, did human technology adapt to the AX fighter ? (hee hee, ha ha!)

But, I do have a question. Will this make them any less effective against thargoids?!?!?! hope not!

But... why? It is indeed effective against non-Thargoid targets, but that is balanced by leaving it without utility slot. As someone who routinely uses both MC Condor and plasma GU-97, I can say that chaff on these two can prolong their life in RES (not so much in CZ, though). AX Taipan delivers more punch, but at the cost of chaff (or any other utility module).

I don't even understand what's the deal here... I mean, if it would have been released the way it was intended you wouldn't even know about it, and it's made for Thargoid fighting which will be as effective as before. They adjust effectiveness against human ships. This is also in tune with the rest of the experimental weapons. Choose if you want to fight Thargoids or humans and outfit your ship accordingly.

I also try to think about that availability thing game world wise, not developer wise. It's experimental, there's only a limited number produced yet, so it's not available everywhere asap but only at the premium ports. No big deal here either if it's available somewhere else a bit later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom