News AX Fighter Changes Notification

I am sure FD will do just fine without defenders like you.

He said that he did use it and that it is not OP, not that it is useless. "Utility" means Utility mount, as opposed to hardpoint.

And as always this is about fanboys vs haters rather than the actual topic.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I assume that:
a) Insane4un would prefer that all AX weapons are effective against humans (not overpowered, just useful). That's a perfectly valid opinion.
b) oscarolim would prefer to follow FDEVs design idea which makes them only effective against aliens. That's also a perfectly valid opinion.

Now if I am right, wouldn't it be better to discuss the pro and contra of your opinion rather than calling each other names?

So here's an interesting question, when is a nerf, a nerf (and does it need hearding)?

is it still a 'nerf' if all they're doing is taking the making the weapon as intended? I.e. It's still as good as it needs to be against thargoids but it's just been rained back against humans?

Goose4291

Banned
Isnt it odd how much happier the playerbase is when you admit you made a mistake and are adjusting it, rather than mocking their intelligence and smugly dressing it up as a planned lore event?

But that's none of my business.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5hv96t845y4g0gw0wkg44wwwk_640.gif

The non-complainers complaining about the complainers is to to be expected.. Some people are just professional complainers and the non complainers get a little tired of it!

And as always this is about fanboys vs haters rather than the actual topic.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I assume that:
a) Insane4un would prefer that all AX weapons are effective against humans (not overpowered, just useful). That's a perfectly valid opinion.
b) oscarolim would prefer to follow FDEVs design idea which makes them only effective against aliens. That's also a perfectly valid opinion.

Now if I am right, wouldn't it be better to discuss the pro and contra of your opinion rather than calling each other names?

I am correcting you because you are wrong.

a) Insane4un did not even touch this topic (which is perfectly valid, but beside the point), at least not in part under question. He wrote that he tried it and new fighter is useful, not overpowered - in general. He also mentioned that it does not have utility. I would qualify this as an expert opinion on facts of the game.
b) oscarolim did not say anything about FDEV design idea, he attacked Insane4un without even understanding him. He obviously mixed not having utility with not having use. I would not qualify this in any way, but wrote that defending FD with false argument is not very helpful.

I am correcting you because you are wrong.

a) Insane4un did not even touch this topic (which is perfectly valid, but beside the point), at least not in part under question. He wrote that he tried it and new fighter is useful, not overpowered - in general. He also mentioned that it does not have utility. I would qualify this as an expert opinion on facts of the game.
b) oscarolim did not say anything about FDEV design idea, he attacked Insane4un without even understanding him. He obviously mixed not having utility with not having use. I would not qualify this in any way, but wrote that defending FD with false argument is not very helpful.

I would prefer to hear that from those who are concerned.

You asked me to correct you, so I explained you a reason behind my post. You may return to it and make your own opinion on my logic. Personally, I think it is not worth a discussion.

No, I asked Insane4un and oscarolim to correct me. I don't know why you should speak for them.

No, I asked Insane4un and oscarolim to correct me. I don't know why you should speak for them.

Best ignore it Babelfisch. Your original point was perfectly spot-on, its not worth dragging this into a 10-page 1v1. :)

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up Ed. So far the 100% seperation between anti-thargoid and anti-human seems... excessive, would rather have seen something less drastic. But as I have no idea what FD has planned, lets see what happens. :)

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up Ed. So far the 100% seperation between anti-thargoid and anti-human seems... excessive, would rather have seen something less drastic. But as I have no idea what FD has planned, lets see what happens. :)

Maybe the teased weapons we unlock through more personal means will get to be decent across the board.

Maybe the teased weapons we unlock through more personal means will get to be decent across the board.
That would be very good because while most obvious and easily correctable problem with Thargoids is accessibility, the more fundamental one is that there is no Thargoid gameplay. There is some story and some beautiful assets, but they remain tourist attractions, no mater can you kill Thargoids or not. I have reasons to mine painite or look for arsenic, but why would I do anything with Thargoids in game terms?

With all that, fighter should not be nerfed, not in AX power, nor in AH of course and more universal weapons should be introduced. Thargoids adapting humans yet again is just making whole Thargoid affair looking like intentionally non-interactive (for now) sideshow. If this is the master plan, it works.

I don't even understand what's the deal here... I mean, if it would have been released the way it was intended you wouldn't even know about it, and it's made for Thargoid fighting which will be as effective as before. They adjust effectiveness against human ships. This is also in tune with the rest of the experimental weapons. Choose if you want to fight Thargoids or humans and outfit your ship accordingly.

I also try to think about that availability thing game world wise, not developer wise. It's experimental, there's only a limited number produced yet, so it's not available everywhere asap but only at the premium ports. No big deal here either if it's available somewhere else a bit later.

Bingo. AX not being effective against human ships is consistent with how they've implemented the rest of AX weaponry.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the fact that AX weapons are *only* useful against aliens and regular weapons are *only* useful against humans. I would have preferred a bit more overlap so you don't have to use super-specialized loadouts to fight 'Goids, and and if you have to fight humans while specialized for Tharg-hunting you wouldn't be so completely declawed. But that's another discussion. :)

In the coming weeks there will be a stability update in which we plan to fix this bug, significantly decreasing the fighter’s effectiveness against human and NPC pilots, we will also ensure that its limited availability is improved.

We don't believe this will affect players in a drastic way, but wanted to make sure we let you know ASAP.

ok...where can we buy the AX Fighter? Lol read the posts not seeing it? Thanks

what he said.
the thing is - neither the GalNet article, nor any other source EVER told where it is SUPPOSED to be offered.

Top Bottom