Back for another check...

Been several years since I asked this, and I can see several DLC for this now..which I don't wanna buy yet, 'cause if the answer is no to my question...I don't see why I should bother.

Has Frontier figured out what a Sandbox is yet? Or is it still the single map, in creative mode?

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Gordol! Welcome back to the forums.

Sandbox Mode for all Islands was introduced in Update 1.10, letting you unlock a creative mode for all the different islands and eras found in the game. To unlock an island you have to get a four star rating for it in the campaign, and then you can use it in Sandbox Mode.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: MQC
That was a while ago now. Return to Jurassic Park even added some scenery items and a new aesthetic (though you can't use it with the Jurassic World stuff).

It is still fundamentally the same as that nublar sandbox, though they did add sand to all islands that didn't have shale for sandbox mode.

Hello Gordol! Welcome back to the forums.

Sandbox Mode for all Islands was introduced in Update 1.10, letting you unlock a creative mode for all the different islands and eras found in the game. To unlock an island you have to get a four star rating for it in the campaign, and then you can use it in Sandbox Mode.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Not sure who this "Gordol" is. But... I'll take your answer as a no.

Creative Mode & Sandbox mode are two completely seperate things.

Creative mode: You have unlimited cash, and no goals.

Sandbox mode: You don't have unlimited cash and no goals.... and no...putting a tick in options menu to "turn off unlimited cash" is not really adding sandbox..It's just a fake sandbox mode.

People loved Operation Genesis because the "Sandbox" mode gave us random maps... playing the same 5 or 6 maps with unlimited cash is about as boring as you can get.

I'll come back in a couple of years and check again, assuming you haven't given up on Evolution by then.

Yeah, at this point I'd say if you're not interested in JWE now, you'll never be interested in it ever... we haven't seen a major update in forever and everything they say in regards to the future is "we have nothing to announce at this time"... at this point it seems safer to assume they've called it quits on Evolution and are either making a sequel or Universal pulled the plug entirely...

Deleted member 275623

D
They really need a complete edition like on switch on all plattforms imo. + a next gen patch and done💪. Its almost 3 years old....damn time flies. Can remember the announcement like it was yesterday

Yeah, at this point I'd say if you're not interested in JWE now, you'll never be interested in it ever... we haven't seen a major update in forever and everything they say in regards to the future is "we have nothing to announce at this time"... at this point it seems safer to assume they've called it quits on Evolution and are either making a sequel or Universal pulled the plug entirely...
The JWE team is planning to announce something this year, as they’ve confirmed countless times already. But beyond what I just said, they can’t say any more yet. AAA industry transparency standards. "Pulling the plug" as you put it means termination of everything related to the game and all Universal related works in almost every way, shape and form (contract agreements, digital store sellings, internal development, collaborations, etc.).

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Not sure who this "Gordol" is. But... I'll take your answer as a no.

Creative Mode & Sandbox mode are two completely seperate things.

Creative mode: You have unlimited cash, and no goals.

Sandbox mode: You don't have unlimited cash and no goals.... and no...putting a tick in options menu to "turn off unlimited cash" is not really adding sandbox..It's just a fake sandbox mode.

People loved Operation Genesis because the "Sandbox" mode gave us random maps... playing the same 5 or 6 maps with unlimited cash is about as boring as you can get.

I'll come back in a couple of years and check again, assuming you haven't given up on Evolution by then.
That's on me for not reading your username properly. My apologies about that.

We wanted to offer a wide variety of options with the game's Sandbox Mode, which is why you can choose the different levels of funds you have available while playing. Some players enjoy unlimited funds, others want a bit of a challenge without diving headfirst into Challenge Mode.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't found what you're looking for. I wish you all the best in your future gaming endeavours!

Top Bottom