Backstage area

Along with the backstage areas, I think it would be nice to have "employee only" paths that could maybe even be behind a gate/door to hide it instead of always having to make "no entry" signs. (I know Parkitect has employee only paths)

I'm surprised that this idea doesn't have more votes than this... It could be very cool to have more realism in staff management. Combines this with another suggestion gave by jamesviago of having no entry and staff only signs and it would add welcome additions and possibilities. [up]

+1
It may sound weird: But I want management buildings and a backstage area just to hide them away from the eyes of the park guests.
Adds to the feeling of a real park. If these buildings have a function for the management side of the game, even better!

+1
It may sound weird: But I want management buildings and a backstage area just to hide them away from the eyes of the park guests.
Adds to the feeling of a real park. If these buildings have a function for the management side of the game, even better!

Oh yes [up] We should have to hide administratives buildings from guests with scenery and with put them away from rides as much as possible. The guests should be aware of that kind of building and not like it if they see administratives buildings.

Oh yes [up] We should have to hide administratives buildings from guests with scenery and with put them away from rides as much as possible. The guests should be aware of that kind of building and not like it if they see administratives buildings.
This would be cool! Maybe if people can see the backstage area's they could lose the immersive feeling they get when going into a themed area in your parks. It would be like if someone sees a giant office building or storage building in a fairytale themed area. We could also make more money by offering back stage tours!

With an administrative building, instead of clicking to hire workers, the game could provide you with resumes, and you could select 3 prospective hires, schedule interviews (one might not show up) and you could decide which person would be the better hire. Your choice would be reflected in the parks bottom line, because if you picked a poor performing employee, your guests would be unhappy and leave your park, and you lose money.

I mean, we're going for realism, right?

With an administrative building, instead of clicking to hire workers, the game could provide you with resumes, and you could select 3 prospective hires, schedule interviews (one might not show up) and you could decide which person would be the better hire. Your choice would be reflected in the parks bottom line, because if you picked a poor performing employee, your guests would be unhappy and leave your park, and you lose money.

I mean, we're going for realism, right?

Or at least personality and depth... I could see picking out your park workers from a randomly generated list as a means to add a bit more customization to the game if you really want to micromanage every detail of your park... (Heck I'd love it if we could even pick the color of our park workers uniforms...)

I wouldn't call it "micromanaging".
It's called "immersion".

It would be awesome. You'd have to pick between two (because one doesn't show up). One has blue hair, tattoos, and face piercings, which scares the guests, but is a super effective worker, working at 150% efficiency over your current best employee. Or you could hire the good looking clean cut person, that your guests are comfortable with, but turns out to be often late, and lazy and only works at 50% efficiency, so you guests will be unhappy with the dirty paths or excessive ride down time. You'll have to weigh everything, like the clean cut person asked for lower wages than the other person who also wanted benefits.

It's a brilliant idea!

Last edited:
Someone mentioned Prison Architecture for the management facilities and hiring certain people to unlock things. This is exactly what is needed for the management in this game too. To have finance manager, park manager, entertainers, marketing director, security manager etc would be brilliant. It will certainly add to the depth of the game and should make the objectives more fun to complete.

The old theme hospital was great for this also with providing different staff and randomising them with different attributes. Do you hire someone on the cheap or hold out to get someone better but then potentially causing other issues.

It is all a part of the management and again with the two things mixed together it would give best of both to really allow the immersion in game.

Regards,

Adam

A backstage area could add new depth to the management simulation of Planet Coaster. You'd have to manage product stock, entertainer exhaustion, spare parts, and dispatching roving cotton candy, lemonade, snow cone, and other sales people. If implemented in the right way this could add depth and fun to the game. If implemented wrong it could prove tedious and distracting. This is an idea I'd like if and only if it were implemented in a beneficial way!

A backstage area could add new depth to the management simulation of Planet Coaster. You'd have to manage product stock, entertainer exhaustion, spare parts, and dispatching roving cotton candy, lemonade, snow cone, and other sales people. If implemented in the right way this could add depth and fun to the game. If implemented wrong it could prove tedious and distracting. This is an idea I'd like if and only if it were implemented in a beneficial way!

Because it can get really in depth, maybe parts should be added in a expansion pack or something like a game pack in The Sims. The pack could include new staff members and more things to manage, it could be called something like, "Micromanage"

The concept would be really cool to implement into the game! Even if the buildings weren't actually 'accessible' to the staff, but still gave some kind of overall stats perk, like a morale boost, I could see it being feasible for players to want to create these kinds of buildings so they could keep staff happy and working hard at their jobs.

Not being accessible to staff and being a stats perk is key to this great idea working. At least the shop staff and ride hosts should stay in place at all times due to how time passes in the games. Mechanics and entertainers could slip into their hidden break rooms. I would be neat if there is a warehouse with distribution carts/vans that stocked your stores and restaurants from behind the scenes via a hidden roads. Regardless of how they implement this feature it is vital that we only set the plan for management to follow and not have to execute it. I personally do not want to sift through resumes lol - In the game I'm the CEO, not the head of personal. If they were to do this hiring idea it might be fun to do this process once and hire the best park manager to run the park under you and fire/rehire as needed.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Bingo!

This would be cool! Maybe if people can see the backstage area's they could lose the immersive feeling they get when going into a themed area in your parks. It would be like if someone sees a giant office building or storage building in a fairytale themed area.

YES![up]

Because it can get really in depth, maybe parts should be added in a expansion pack or something like a game pack in The Sims. The pack could include new staff members and more things to manage, it could be called something like, "Micromanage"
I see what you're saying, but I am uncomfortable with that idea. I would happily pay for a water park or zoo/aquarium expansion. I'm not sure how I'd feel about a management expansion. I'm worried it could make the game tedious compared to the base product. Too much realism is anti-fun for a simulation game.

In an ideal world Frontier would treat Planet Coaster the way Paradox has treated Cities Skylines. CS had both paid expansions and unpaid improvements. Adding water parks would clearly be a paid expansion for PC, but adding new flat rides or coasters seems like something everyone should get. Management features are in some sort of grey zone there. They don't feel value-added enough to be useful on their own, but perhaps things like restaurants, river cruises, and entertainment shows/concerts could be bundled in. Again, not sure how I feel about this being an expansion.

Last edited:

Nice idea , I wish (hope) on top of that a hotel ore little houses on the outside of the park.
May by something for an expansion [big grin]
https://res-3.cloudinary.com/clansm...vel.in/custom/logo/160_120/efteling-hotel.jpg

http://app.kaatsheuvel.in/custom/images/kaatsheuvel/efteling-bosrijk/bosrijk-vakantiehuizen.jpg

The little houses shouldn't be the problem and I think, we didn't need an expansion set to create that little house. But we need then the expansion, that allows us to build something outside the park area (including our own Park Entrances)

Last edited:
Top Bottom