Baldur's Gate III?

The option is there and should work, I didn't try though (no interest). I've heard the most heavy bugs were around multiplayer in the first days, which should be fixed by now. Meanwhile I'm playing 2 different games, one alone and the other together with my wife (both still in singleplayer mode). While it's already great fun, the early access shows once you get deeper into the game. Quite a lot of bugs and incomplete implementations. Crafting has only a greyed out placeholder button for example.

Sometimes the game also seems to mix up or corrupt quick saves (not sure if it's because I frequently switch between 2 profiles). Overall balance seems still pretty rough. Graphical glitches here and there. Lots of questionable logical coherences. I got more crashes with Vulcan, Direct X11 seems to be relative stable now for me. There are already 3 smaller patches out, I expect more over the next days...
Unfortunately already very addictive - otherwise I would wait... 🥴
Any idea on the planned full release yet?

Is this game alpha, beta, gold?
I never play a game before it's released, I want everything to be fresh, and congruent.

It's a bugged pre-alpha with lots of large updates and, for some, save deleting/corruption issues.

As a work-in-progress though - it's good fun and gives ample opportunity to try game-breaking things and lulz :D

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
It's not that bad :) I found one game breaking bug in 30 hours messing about in it myself. The rest was stupid stuff like the odd janky graphics or camera positioning. Some of the conversations need tightening up though but I've noticed they patched the ones I found a few days ago.

It's well worth waiting for the full release though if you arent too pushed about doing the early access thing.

Yeah, mostly I've just gotten buggy cutscenes with weird visual disturbances.

I'm super charmed by this thing. Love the feeling of getting in a fight slightly too difficult for me, dying, then trying to work out a way of coming out on top. There's a lot of possibilities to approach various situations. I appreciate the limitations of low level D&D and like having a smaller selection of spells and feats in the toolbelt to draw from, it's much less fun when you've got dozens and dozens of high-powered options and don't need to rest often.

Love the constant skill checks and rolls.

Swen has definitely kept up his Ultima 7 fetishism. Certainly lives up to it's spirit more than than Lord Tedious does.

Last edited:
I have been less amused by the combat in this than say the Divinity series. Having said that it might just be the first act that is doing this and it opens up a bit more in future acts. I still havent quite gotten my head round the combat options and spell slots thing which probably isnt helping either.

I have been less amused by the combat in this than say the Divinity series. Having said that it might just be the first act that is doing this and it opens up a bit more in future acts. I still havent quite gotten my head round the combat options and spell slots thing which probably isnt helping either.
Never played D&D? It always bugged me too. You never knew what would be up next and you could end up with a bunch of useless spells slotted. And since I'm always trying to keep a reserve I end up not using them in the first place.

Top Bottom