Baryonyx bug in JP campaign?

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask if anybody else came across this problem.

I just played the Return to Jurassic Park DLC campaign, but can't unlock the Baryonyx. I know I have to do missions for Grant, it's the last unlock. My reputation progress bar is very, very close, but whenever I finish a mission for Grant it gets ignored and nothing happens.

Could there be a problem with recognizing the Fallen Kingdom DLC? There shouldn't since that was a free DLC, but it might be possible.

I found a bug report in the issue tracker that sounded very similar here. It's from December and got closed as invalid, but I'm not imagining things. 😜

Is there something obvious I'm overlooking or could this indeed be a bug?

Cheers.

edit: Some images:

research.png
reputation_small.png
complete.png

Last edited:
I never did encounter this bug myself 😕
I usually play the game on PS4 and in challenge mode I would often unlock the Baryonyx. I could not remember unlocking her in the campaign mode as after 5 starring the park and finishing the campaign, I just left. I will check my save to see if this is an issue on my end as well. So I will try to unlock her on PS4 and let you know how progress is.

Thanks, it's not a big deal but my inner completionist wants to have all dinos at 100% in the JP campaign too. :D

He @zimms!

Jurassic World Evolution_20200325201537.png

I got around to unlocking the baryonyx in RTJP campaign mode. I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I am not that experienced with steam, but maybe there is a workaround to refresh your save so that the unlock gets triggered.

I hope you find a solution!

Yes, I tried numerous missions but they all got ignored. It's a bit annoying to get new missions as well, because Grant loves to tease me and every second mission he offers me asks me to get the Baryonyx to 100%. :D

(I suppose the mission generator is running out of options, since all the others are already at 100%).

Thanks for your help so far!

Yes, I tried numerous missions but they all got ignored. It's a bit annoying to get new missions as well, because Grant loves to tease me and every second mission he offers me asks me to get the Baryonyx to 100%. :D

(I suppose the mission generator is running out of options, since all the others are already at 100%).

Thanks for your help so far!
It might be a memory bug there, try a full computer reset. I'd had that happen to me with a few dinosaurs in various things.

Turn your computer off, wait a minute and turn it back on.

I see. That didn't solve the problem but thanks for the help.

Luckily I managed to unlock it after a while, I just stubbornly kept completing missions, maybe some mission types are bugged. Grant used to give me those to complete the Baryonyx genome (duh) or the sell fossil ones. These were no help or had no effect. A "hatch a random herbivore" mission was the one that did the trick in the end. Still a bit confused, but it finally worked out.

Thanks for the replies!

I see. That didn't solve the problem but thanks for the help.

Luckily I managed to unlock it after a while, I just stubbornly kept completing missions, maybe some mission types are bugged. Grant used to give me those to complete the Baryonyx genome (duh) or the sell fossil ones. These were no help or had no effect. A "hatch a random herbivore" mission was the one that did the trick in the end. Still a bit confused, but it finally worked out.

Thanks for the replies!
It was probably still just a memory issue that eventually worked itself out, listing that you were at the reputation level while not actually advancing it.

Top Bottom