Ships Beat my Taxi build......so I can maybe copy it.

So the point is to make a ship that has low rebuy, but high jumprange. It doesn't matter if the ship has terrible everything, it's ONLY purpose is to get places quick. Here's my DBX,

Last edited:
Im currently using my main DBX for exploration. But I don't like messing with it just to taxi places, seems like an insult to the build. So I'm going to buy another one and just make it a taxi. Maybe even buy a yellow paint job for it lol

Im currently using my main DBX for exploration. But I don't like messing with it just to taxi places, seems like an insult to the build. So I'm going to buy another one and just make it a taxi. Maybe even buy a yellow paint job for it lol
You mean like ...

:)

Not too far off my "Bubble Express" build which I use for getting back from Colonia to buy ships unavailable out there like my Corvette.
Although I didn't bother with shields, or G5ing stuff like the thrusters etc, just whacked a cheap G1 so I could stick stripped down on most things other than the FSD that weren't getting lightweight

I considered dropping the fuel tank. But I was wondering whether the time spent fuel scooping would take more time than having a slightly lower jump range but not needing to stop for gas.

My beloved T6 in Taxi mode.

Jump is 'only' 58ly or so, but at 580m/s, it can outrun most threats, and has enough defenses to tank those that it can't. I might not get to where I'm going as fast, but I'll certainly get there in one piece. Smaller fuel tank for in the bubble trips, with a size 5 scoop to top it off real quick like, assuming I even need to.

It's more for meme purposes than anything, really.

This is what I roll up to people's home stations in, before I call in my serious stuff and proceed to P L O W.

t6t.jpg

I considered dropping the fuel tank. But I was wondering whether the time spent fuel scooping would take more time than having a slightly lower jump range but not needing to stop for gas.

If you drop the fuel tank down one size, the range is still c.265Ly - should be enough in the bubble to rarely scoop.

MP

So one of the things I checked out plotting my route back from Colonia in my taxi DBX before setting out, was hopping in and out of outfitting and plotting routes with and without an ADDITIONAL tank, and honestly, tanks are not that big a deal. Doubling my tank capacity added about 6 jumps per 10,000ly, which is peanuts. Dropping tank size would make a similarly small difference

Top Bottom