Ships Beat my Taxi build......so I can maybe copy it.

You only need a G1 overcharged 2A power plant to run everything on the ship (including the cargo hatch), so you can save on mats (and credits, and mass, and get a lower resting heat). You can also downsize the fuel tank to a size 4 (as per Lucifera Danzig's build) to get better jump range on a full tank at the cost of lowering your single tank range from 488 ly to 265 ly.

As for what I use, I use a stripped out hauler with a 59 ly jump range (261 ly on a full tank) and a 13.5k CR rebuy. It can get me just about anywhere in the bubble in 5-6 jumps, and costs peanuts to transfer to my current location. https://s.orbis.zone/40zo

On a side note, I'm currently out of the bubble and scheduled to make a stop in Colonia around Christmas. I should check to see how much it costs to transfer my taxi to Colonia :p

So the point is to make a ship that has low rebuy, but high jumprange. It doesn't matter if the ship has terrible everything, it's ONLY purpose is to get places quick. Here's my DBX,

I have a hauler with 53.41 ly max jump range. It's my taxi ship. The guardian FSD booster adds quite a bit.

So the point is to make a ship that has low rebuy, but high jumprange. It doesn't matter if the ship has terrible everything, it's ONLY purpose is to get places quick. Here's my DBX,

I'd use a simple 2A powerplant given the fact that you can still power it adjusting the cargo hatch to priority 2, also, 1D power distributor with G5 engine focused can still boost.

With these modifications I get a jump range of 75.5 Ly max and 70.02 Ly full.

The drives and powerplant can be improved more by using stripped down and mods that do not increase weight but the increase in jump range is marginal.

if you just need taxi services you can squeeze more than just a little out of an dolphin ;)
coriolioio
I think as bubble taxi you are fine with an even fuel scoop compared to its FSD, probably an "undersized" scoop is ok, as you just fetch some fuel while waiting for the fsd and are able to arrive near empty...

I agree with Bigmaec that Hauler is the best ship for this duty. No reason to make it slow though as it is one of those ships that can use the enhanced thrusters nicely in a lightweight taxi outfit 🙃

Oh or you could take the basics from my exploration icourier build. It does not match your demands for cheapest possible, but it sure is more fun than slogging around at mortal speeds.

or

~50 ly and boost speed 850 for the fun factor, because normal space speed also matters on how fast you get somewhere :-D

Last edited:
Don't forget to add advanced docking computer and super-cruise assist to all taxi builds; at 0 tonnes they are worth it to trigger the 'muh Dangerous' crowd .(y);)

Last edited:
Top Bottom