Beeping?

My new wide screen monitor arrived so I thought I'd try things out in Elite Dangerous. Looks good, btw, but that's not what I'm here about.
I took out the River of Stars to fight some thargoids. Came across a cyclops in witchhead near ezra and though I'm currently armed for mixed scout and interceptor combat, I gave it a go.

After killing the interceptor I picked up my trophy and some thargoid materials. Then I went to the external camera and noticed that I'm beeping.
Is this normal? I haven't had this beeping sound occur before. The beeping is coming from my cargo (or my ship at least) as when I move the camera away, the beeping fades.

Beeping

Last edited:
Sure, says 13 more minutes to upload. Its about 2 mins of beeping with me moving the camera away and back.

Edit: Added a link to a beeping video to the OP.

Last edited:
Sure, says 13 more minutes to upload. Its about 2 mins of beeping with me moving the camera away and back.

Edit: Added a link to a beeping video to the OP.
It sounds familiar to the beeping people would get when in supercruise sometimes., which was a bug. Is it still there if you relog?

Your popcorn was done in the microwave I think.

Seriously there was a somewhat older and rare bug that was similar to what you describe.

My new wide screen monitor arrived so I thought I'd try things out in Elite Dangerous. Looks good, btw, but that's not what I'm here about.
I took out the River of Stars to fight some thargoids. Came across a cyclops in witchhead near ezra and though I'm currently armed for mixed scout and interceptor combat, I gave it a go.

After killing the interceptor I picked up my trophy and some thargoid materials. Then I went to the external camera and noticed that I'm beeping.
Is this normal? I haven't had this beeping sound occur before. The beeping is coming from my cargo (or my ship at least) as when I move the camera away, the beeping fades.

Beeping
I'm guessing you used the shutdown field neutraliser during the fight, once used the last audio for it can play repeatedly until you leave the instance.
I can see the neutraliser in your vid.

You can make it happen any time just by triggering it, don't have to be fighting a thargoid.

I'm guessing you used the shutdown field neutraliser during the fight, once used the last audio for it can play repeatedly until you leave the instance.
I can see the neutraliser in your vid.

You can make it happen any time just by triggering it, don't have to be fighting a thargoid.
Having recreated it... definitely this one.

Top Bottom