Beginner Question: Shaping objects

I was watching a speed-build tutorial online and the author did something like the left side of the image, where the whole object moved up together. I tried it myself and only the selected verts go up. I'm a beginner to Blender so I don't know what they did, but I need this for my next object idea:

it depends how you want to approach it, you either select the other vertices (multiselection)(and it's hard to explain just by the picture, as you have a smoothing modifier overlayed) or there are "soft selection" options as well. It's more a question of trial and error until you, in your mind, know how to get the results you would like to achieve.
There are several approaches. The easiest but most tideous way is to move each vertice separately, i would suggest, save your file and then just play with different attempts, you'll soon find what's best to do in that particular situation

I would assume it's Blender? It might not be directly related, but here is a high poly speedbuild of mine, you can probably find some answers to perfect your workflow. :)
(different program, same workflow basically)

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I found out in Blender how to use something called Proportional Editing (alt+o) to get the right effect.

No problem :) It's always a high learning curve, no matter which 3D software you use, just allow yourself the time to get comfortable with it, and don't hesitate to experiment.
There's also a lot of beginner tutorials on YT and other ressources that will help you understand the process.

No problem :) It's always a high learning curve, no matter which 3D software you use, just allow yourself the time to get comfortable with it, and don't hesitate to experiment.
There's also a lot of beginner tutorials on YT and other ressources that will help you understand the process.

I subbed to your channel, so i have it as quick reference when i got some ideas i want to make into a model :D

I subbed to your channel, so i have it as quick reference when i got some ideas i want to make into a model :D

I must say, this kind of positive reaction is the very last thing i expected O.O
Am not used to that and it took me a while to know how to reply. Thanks for subbing!

But just to clarify, i wasn't referring to my channel when i mentioned the tutorials
(not very much into that, and when i started making assets for PlanCo i got bashed a lot)
Might post more speedbuilds, have a whole archive full of those. But so far, just wanted to make assets.
Thank you, Crowdy!

Top Bottom