Ships Beluga for Exploration ?

Hello,

in several threads, I read about Beluga as an Exploration ship. Just for fun, does someone link to Coriolis configuration for Beluga equipped and engineered for longer exploration ?
I tried to play a bit with configuration:

But it seems that the jumping range is let's say average...

Guardian FSD booster.
Stick one in a 5 slot, move an AFMU into the four slot.

Will add 10 LYs.

Last edited:
Hmm, I do not have access to Guardian stuff. I never unlocked this and I am already back at Colonia.

But one question. What is the point to have fighter for exploration trip ?

Hmm, I do not have access to Guardian stuff. I never unlocked this and I am already back at Colonia.

But one question. What is the point to have fighter for exploration trip ?

They are useful for planetary 'exploration' - usually interesting canyons - as well as investigating the contents of phenomena...
And another question - what is the "Research Limpet Controller" ? It must be something new.

Samples from phenomena residents

If you come across some types of space lifeforms you can sample them using research limpets. Pointless, but fun if you are a codex completionist.

Edit:

SLF is for fun, flying through canyons etc. for when the space madness sets in.

^^^ This. Not that I did, but hey 🤷‍♀️

edit2: And yes, I didn't need 2 AFMU, one will come out when I can think of something to replace it with :)

My DW2 Beluga - needs the engineering finishing but worked fine. One does not go exploring in a Beluga for the jump range, but for the luxury ;) 4 pimped SRVs and 2 fighters :D

And as Speedcuffs says, Guardian FSD Booster
Precisely....I did DW2 in a Beluga as well. 55ly jump range, two fighters, four SRV's, redundant AFMU's, and fuel and hull limpets.

This is the build in Coriolis.

It's a beautiful ship to fly in Supercruise, but can be a pig trying to find a spot to land.

As to why fighters on an exploration ship? Canyon races and meet up shenanigans.

Top Bottom