Best Haulage ship

I had a type 6 but PX'd it for a dolphin when I moved into passenger transport.

As the money is now pouring in, whats the best ship for haulage?

T7 or T9, depending on your wallet. My T7 is carrying 288 tons at the moment. I might squeeze in a bit more, but I'm happy with the loadout.

Was thinking of a type 9 but the description says they don't hold up well in a fight. I don't intend to go looking for trouble but I need to be able to last a while if an interdiction succeeds.

Was looking at the keellback bit that just seems like an armoured type 6

Was thinking of a type 9 but the description says they don't hold up well in a fight. I don't intend to go looking for trouble but I need to be able to last a while if an interdiction succeeds.

if outfitted correctly, a t9 has no problem to survive anything pve till highwake.

Depends on your price level.

The Asp X makes a surprisingly good cargo ship at the lower end.
The Python is outstanding in the mid-range (mine can carry about 174 tons from memory)
After that I'd be looking at something like the Anaconda.

My t6 cost 1 million to buy, 6.5 to "A" grade it. I have only 32t cargo 3bussines and one economy cabins. Takes about 15 minutes to pick and choose between booms and passengers and plotting my route. Another 45 to run it, checking the mission board at every station for missions going my way. Which adds another 15 minutes. So, in an probuctive hour, I can and do average a million. I had 2 32t cargos, but gave up one because passengers generally pay better. I base my cargo hauls on where my passengers are going, basically booms pay the bills, so passenger fees go in my pocket. Now that my t6 is complety A-graded, I've no more bills except fuel, and productive plotting, keeps that down to a minimum.

My flying skills are such that I can avoid interdiction, an A-graded t6 can take a punch, which is generally all I ever get, basically just paint damage. Sometime the escape vector thingy is hard to grab hold of, remedy is to assign flight assist on/off to a to a single button push. When interdiction attempt is made pust the button, when it's over, push the button and continue the few more seconds left before dropping out and into the station screen. Should they still come, the station will assit you.

For those rare occasion's where they actually drop you out of super, go straigh as an arrow, 4 pips to engines, deploy shock mines, which in the real world work exactly like depth charges. In space there is no depth so the pursuer simply runs into them causing them some discord. And on rare occasion, can even take them out. Shock mines are not weapons in space, one cannot propel them. There basically just set out side of your slightly moving ship which sets up a mine field for your pursuer to run into.

For medium pads, and as great all-rounder, the Python is the ship you want as it can hold more than 200 tons and well as happily fight off most of the opposition you'll come up against. For huge loads, than it's T9 or Imperial Cutter time. One of my PC commanders owns a T9 and while it certainly is a tad unresponsive, I find that makes it all the more interesting to fly while running 500 tons of cargo. I'll hopefully be able to find out what the Cutter is like once my PS4 commander finally buys one (in about three years time<g>)

My t6 cost 1 million to buy, 6.5 to "A" grade it. I have only 32t cargo 3bussines and one economy cabins. Takes about 15 minutes to pick and choose between booms and passengers and plotting my route. Another 45 to run it, checking the mission board at every station for missions going my way. Which adds another 15 minutes. So, in an probuctive hour, I can and do average a million. I had 2 32t cargos, but gave up one because passengers generally pay better. I base my cargo hauls on where my passengers are going, basically booms pay the bills, so passenger fees go in my pocket. Now that my t6 is complety A-graded, I've no more bills except fuel, and productive plotting, keeps that down to a minimum.

My flying skills are such that I can avoid interdiction, an A-graded t6 can take a punch, which is generally all I ever get, basically just paint damage. Sometime the escape vector thingy is hard to grab hold of, remedy is to assign flight assist on/off to a to a single button push. When interdiction attempt is made pust the button, when it's over, push the button and continue the few more seconds left before dropping out and into the station screen. Should they still come, the station will assit you.

For those rare occasion's where they actually drop you out of super, go straigh as an arrow, 4 pips to engines, deploy shock mines, which in the real world work exactly like depth charges. In space there is no depth so the pursuer simply runs into them causing them some discord. And on rare occasion, can even take them out. Shock mines are not weapons in space, one cannot propel them. There basically just set out side of your slightly moving ship which sets up a mine field for your pursuer to run into.

I don't suppose you can link me your T6 build could you?

It all depends upon funds and location- are you willing to travel to buy what you need?
Remember, just because the ship yard sells the ship, does not mean it has a decent stock of goodies to put into it- anyone who has ever bought a ship will know this :p

Small cash T6 - fairly fast and easy to escape pirates in, it hold 104 tons
https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_6_transporter/0p0tdFal8d8s8f41717---04040303430101.Iw1-kA==.Aw1-kA==

Asp X similar to the T6 for size, but you get more in it for more cash ofc, also more guns...if you want to fight, it holds 120 tons
https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0p0tiFfliddsnf5--1717------05040202430101.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==

Medium Cash -depends upon thy funds, but T7 is a good step up from a asp or T6- unless you are doing rare runs - the T7 is a Large ship.
https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_7_transport/0p0tiFflid8sdf51717------0505040403480101.Iw18aQ==.Aw18aQ==

The Python winds hands down over the T7 as a trader, but costs a huge amount more(3 times more) but it can hold it own vs pirates -it holds 284 tons
https://coriolis.io/outfit/python/0p0tiFflidsssf51e1e1e1717----050505040403020201.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==

Lots of cash
Here is where it gets interesting, because you can quickly move up between a T9 to an Annaconda. i did this in a few days, and that is over 2 years ago, trade prices have not changed much, but the galactic bubble has- this is before power play came into action.

So KEEP your python, trust me you will not want to sell it, but if you must for the cash you can buy a stock one back- engineered modules you can store, then sell it-if you must, but BE SMART.

T9 aka Space Cow- slow AF, weak shields, pirates love to attack it -it holds 532 tons
https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_9_heavy/0p5tsFklndnsif61717-------070605040303020201.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ=="

After doing several(slow) trade runs in a T9, you "should" be able to afford an anaconda- stock build it is just under 147million cr, visit a Li Yong-Rui ship yard, and shave off 15%, and it is just over 125 million(also cheaper insurance- more on this).
A stock trade build from a lei ron shipyard will push you back upto 143 million CR, BUT REMEMBER INSURANCE + cash for trading, your stock trader build will hold 452 tons.

so what are we looking at- realistically

145mill(ish) for the ship + cargo racks
+7.2 mill per rebuy x 3
+5 millillion cash for trading
= 170 million ish to trade comfortably- for a Large unarmed ship(it had 2 x class 1 guns- same as a t6)

So you want to protect your investment
Add guns, boosters and a fuel scoop into the mix and the price goes up 155 million with a rebuy of 7.7 million, which makes the total of 182 million ish for this "easy" build
https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0pxtnFklndksxf57r1e1e1e1b1b2e2e00030404040402030605050504040403334501.AwRj4yuqg===.Aw18ZlA=

You can of course ignore my advice and go out there, buy the Anaconda and start trading asap, but if you get killed, don't blame me, don't come on to the forums bleating "NASTY AI KILLED ME, I AM BROKE!". You have been warned- cargo = pirates, both player and AI.

Monster amounts of cash!
After doing the enormous rep grind which allows you access to the Icutter & Corvette, you are now the big dog in the yard for cargo hauling.
Depending upon which faction you chose, or if you did both this will allow a vast amount of cargo to be hauled between stations.
Both ships are heavily armed and a nightmare to pirate, as you can not usually mass lock them, unless ofc you are in something of larger size.

So what do you get for 283 million creds?
Corvette- 568 tons of cargo, a fuel scoop, and lots of guns!
https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corvette/0pptsFklndksxf57o7o7l27272e2e02040404040404040606060505044a320302.Iw18Z5A=.Aw18Z5A=

And the top dog is the Icutter with a cargo of 712+ tons, lots of guns, lots of cargo, lots of money!
337 million gets you this beasty.
https://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter/0pptsFplxdssCf67r1f1f17171b1b0204040404040404070705054f04043202.Iw18ZZA=.Aw18ZZA=

Remember, that these are BASE STAT ships, you can mod them a lot, this will change the ship a vast amount. My cutter has a 34ly jump range(epic roll) and i ran unarmed for a long time, sticking guns on it dragged it down to 32ly empty, 23 ish full- i think.
Either way, using the cutter or the vette makes trading CG's very easy, do 4 or 5 runs and you have dropped off several THOUSAND tons of cargo, made millions of profit on that(if you are even remotely smart) and it will easily put you into the top 25% for rewards.

I have one last piece of advice, as a 3x elite player who has all the ships money can buy, and has played since release.
"Enjoy the game, do not be in a great hurry to get to the cutter / corvette, enjoy the game go out & explore, have fun in the smaller ships, enjoy the game, there is no finish line(yet)".
I have over 10 billion of assets, and i am flying about in a cobra mk4(heavily engineered ofc) but still it is a mk4 cobra- why?
"because i can, and i am having fun"

hope this helps you new traders

fly safe, and NEVER fly without rebuy.

Top Bottom