Bestinslots new video: What do we think?

I agree with him. Even with the sleeping Dinosaurs though I don't consider it a major issue. The console players just got a 5GB update for the game. Frontier is doing something and I doubt it's making sure the Dinosaurs will sleep. I am going to guess a lot of major issues are still being fixed. I would rather have a potential game breaking bug fixed than animations or sleeping Dinosaurs.

I believe Frontier listens to BIS and he has the concerns pretty much nailed and has since the first time we saw the game in March. That's one of the reasons why I don't worry about it. They are already being mentioned by tons of people so one more person saying them won't matter. He does videos on the game and lists the concerns. It's better than spamming topics (not this one) about the same issue or everyone creating an angry mob.

I agree with him. Even with the sleeping Dinosaurs though I don't consider it a major issue. The console players just got a 5GB update for the game. Frontier is doing something and I doubt it's making sure the Dinosaurs will sleep. I am going to guess a lot of major issues are still being fixed. I would rather have a potential game breaking bug fixed than animations or sleeping Dinosaurs.

I believe Frontier listens to BIS and he has the concerns pretty much nailed and has since the first time we saw the game in March. That's one of the reasons why I don't worry about it. They are already being mentioned by tons of people so one more person saying them won't matter. He does videos on the game and lists the concerns. It's better than spamming topics (not this one) about the same issue or everyone creating an angry mob.

I agree with everything you just said which is a very refreshing change!

Again, a post like this isn't about whinging about how bad the game will be (and I'm not saying for a second thats what you were doing); it's made because people have a lot of hope residing on this game and we need a place to discuss these things with other like-minded individuals. I'm glad you agree with him and I'm glad we have found some common ground.

I have no doubt that Frontier will work on these things in the future; it would be kind of silly if they didn't. I still think there is utility in talking about them as it helps people relax because they know that others share their concerns and that Frontier hopefully will be made aware of them.

We're off to a positive start and let's keep heading that way!

Last edited:
The 5GB wasn't an update, that is the size of the entire game for pre download. Hopefully there is a day one patch.

The 5GB wasn't an update, that is the size of the entire game for pre download. Hopefully there is a day one patch.

People were downloading it a few days ago and it was 8GB. Did someone say the 5GB was the game? Someone from Frontier I hope.

I’m literally on my Xbox one X now - Total size of the game is 5.1GB, not sure where you heard 8GB from?

People were downloading it a few days ago and it was 8GB. Did someone say the 5GB was the game? Someone from Frontier I hope.

I’m literally on my Xbox one X now - Total size of the game is 5.1GB, not sure where you heard 8GB from?

I pretty much agree with everything said on the video, with the exception of mod support; not because I don't feel that mods couldn't add to the game, but rather because of how much it could take away from what Frontier have done, and are doing with the game - and it's future. If mod support is enabled, then future DLC packs and updates are affected, so regardless of whether it was Frontier that decided no, or whether Universal decided for them, I support their decision on that. The only good thing to come from mods, as stated in the video, would be guest blood, but I'm hoping there will be an optional DLC on that in the future.

I pretty much agree with everything said on the video, with the exception of mod support; not because I don't feel that mods couldn't add to the game, but rather because of how much it could take away from what Frontier have done, and are doing with the game - and it's future. If mod support is enabled, then future DLC packs and updates are affected, so regardless of whether it was Frontier that decided no, or whether Universal decided for them, I support their decision on that. The only good thing to come from mods, as stated in the video, would be guest blood, but I'm hoping there will be an optional DLC on that in the future.

The thing about Mods (and this is coming from a console player), is that they give games longevity. Skyrim and JPOG are still relevant today precisely because of mods. It's actually in Frontiers interest to allow mods because that allows the game to be played well into the future (apart from continued development of course) . Creatively and financially, it makes sense to allow modding. I'm sure it's more complicated then that but thats my two cence haha.

The thing about Mods (and this is coming from a console player), is that they give games longevity. Skyrim and JPOG are still relevant today precisely because of mods. It's actually in Frontiers interest to allow mods because that allows the game to be played well into the future (apart from continued development of course) . Creatively and financially, it makes sense to allow modding. I'm sure it's more complicated then that but thats my two cence haha.
I can't speak for Skyrim, but I always found the JPOG mods to be severely lacking - the few of them that there appeared to be anyway, and I searched extensively. Maybe it's picked up recently, but back when I was playing the game, it was minimal.

I do understand about longevity though, however, when you've got a company like Frontier who continue to add to their games years after release, they've already got longevity - cause they're not finished. The most I would expect here would be, at the point Frontier stop catering to/for this game, they then release mod support to allow players/fan to continue to have fun. So long as Frontier are working on the game though, I honestly don't see the need for it.

I can't remember which game it was now, I think it was Dawn of War, but someone (or a small community) created an Imperial Guard mod for the original game (the Imperial Guards were added as the 5th faction) and then Relic (the game developers) released an official Imperial Guard expansion so all the work that went into the mod was essentially wasted. I can't quite remember whether it was that faction, but the development was the same, and then naturally the modders (IIRC) complained about their work being copied.

We don't need the same here; if a modder adds a missing Dinosaur and then Frontier release the same Dinosaur, that's going to cause some bitterness, and then you'll further end up with someone adding that god-awful Stegceratops. [woah] If Frontier are ever going to add mod support for JWE, they should do so only when they've wrapped up what they want to do with the game.

I can't speak for Skyrim, but I always found the JPOG mods to be severely lacking - the few of them that there appeared to be anyway, and I searched extensively. Maybe it's picked up recently, but back when I was playing the game, it was minimal.

I do understand about longevity though, however, when you've got a company like Frontier who continue to add to their games years after release, they've already got longevity - cause they're not finished. The most I would expect here would be, at the point Frontier stop catering to/for this game, they then release mod support to allow players/fan to continue to have fun. So long as Frontier are working on the game though, I honestly don't see the need for it.

I can't remember which game it was now, I think it was Dawn of War, but someone (or a small community) created an Imperial Guard mod for the original game (the Imperial Guards were added as the 5th faction) and then Relic (the game developers) released an official Imperial Guard expansion so all the work that went into the mod was essentially wasted. I can't quite remember whether it was that faction, but the development was the same, and then naturally the modders (IIRC) complained about their work being copied.

We don't need the same here; if a modder adds a missing Dinosaur and then Frontier release the same Dinosaur, that's going to cause some bitterness, and then you'll further end up with someone adding that god-awful Stegceratops. [woah] If Frontier are ever going to add mod support for JWE, they should do so only when they've wrapped up what they want to do with the game.

That makes a lot of sense. I guess the difference between Skyrim/JPOG and JWE is as you say, Frontiers continuation of work into the future which both of those games lacked.

This game is only 5-8GB in this day and age? The last game I bought took 130GBs of disc space (it's a huge game even for modern standards), if JWE would look like a game from 2006 I would understand. I have to little technical knowledge to grasp this ^^

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
This game is only 5-8GB in this day and age? The last game I bought took 130GBs of disc space (it's a huge game even for modern standards), if JWE would look like a game from 2006 I would understand. I have to little technical knowledge to grasp this ^^

You can preload on console and on Steam (on June 11). There will also be a day 1 patch. Excited!

You can preload on console and on Steam (on June 11). There will also be a day 1 patch. Excited!

So, it means that on June 12 at (00:00), in my case 12:00 a.m. or midnight, we can play it ???

you mean there will be a patch on the first day? good use google translator and I did not understand about a patch 1 day hahahahaha sorry :(

So, it means that on June 12 at (00:00), in my case 12:00 a.m. or midnight, we can play it ???

you mean there will be a patch on the first day? good use google translator and I did not understand about a patch 1 day hahahahaha sorry :(

Yes on the day of launch there will also be a patch to fix certain issues. That is what a Day 1 patch means.

Just speculation...

Well, it could be that the game files are unreadable without it, but that would mean pretty lazy encryption, but then with silly governments around the world, maybe good encryption isn't an option.

But yeah, typically a day one patch is where they fix things last minute, not to be confused with day one DLC.

it was actually an update, I wish I had it saved, but either Bo or Brett confirmed that it was. Theses were the 3 I found

2ilomfo.jpg

2q096bc.jpg

xcruo4.jpg

Last edited:
So midnight on the 12th we'll be able to play, Oh goody guess who isn't getting any sleep? Yeah this guy right here. [haha]

On the up side I'm glad frontier are offering a day one patch for JWE, My only nit picks are lack of blood I'll say that loosely as we haven't seen the complete build for the game yet and the fact that the raptors don't attack in a pack, Other than that from what we've seen of this game so far I'm hyped to play it and I'm sure frontier will improve on an already amazing looking game. :D

So midnight on the 12th we'll be able to play, Oh goody guess who isn't getting any sleep? Yeah this guy right here. [haha]

On the up side I'm glad frontier are offering a day one patch for JWE, My only nit picks are lack of blood I'll say that loosely as we haven't seen the complete build for the game yet and the fact that the raptors don't attack in a pack, Other than that from what we've seen of this game so far I'm hyped to play it and I'm sure frontier will improve on an already amazing looking game. :D

I am still confused about that because some people are saying they are going to be able to play at 12am frontier time. That would be around 8pm Atlantic time where I am, but my ps4 is counting down until midnight on the 12th.

Top Bottom