Elite / Frontier Beta Testing...

G'day,

I would like to officially volunteer myself to be a beta tester for elite4. Whenever a beta version is out that needs testing, please let me know..

Anyone else want to be a beta tester aswell ??

insidah said:
G'day,

I would like to officially volunteer myself to be a beta tester for elite4. Whenever a beta version is out that needs testing, please let me know..

Anyone else want to be a beta tester aswell ??

LOL - goes without saying - I'd say there is going to be some fairly tight rules and non disclosure agreements.

But yeah, I'd sign on in a moment - I used to play Elite on a BBC B+ from a tape drive and was unable to save my games so every time (after the 10 minute load up) I'd have to start afresh :) My poor old beeb would get played until it overheated and started to get screen corruptions LOL. I won't even go into how much time I killed with Frontier!

Actually, no, I wouldn't like to betatest ;)

Aside from the technical issues in betatesting (*can* be risky in some cases), I wouldn't like to loose all the surprices the game would have to offer.

Similarly, I play as much as I possibly can in games such as Grand Theft Auto, before I even visit a possible spoiler website. And then I start fresh if I want to "cheat" using helps (which unfortunately seems unavoidable in GTA). There is *no way* anyone could manage 100% score completely on their own :p

I would actually buy a State-of-the-art PC if it would help me become a betatester.

I have promised myself not to buy any new computerparts until Elite 4 are releast... but I will make a exeption if they make me a betatester.

:D

I honestly think I am very suitable for beta testing. I have a very widw knowledge of Elite and I have good bug finding skills. If David Braben reads this i'd like him to PM me, I have alot to offer...

good to see a few of you are all keen to beta test.

now, as you may already know, u cant beta test until you at least own the following hardware

-quad core 6ghz cpu
-dual 512mb video card set in SLi mode with physx engine
-16gb RAM (ddr2)
-blue ray optical drive
-dual 21inch widescreen monitors set in linked mode
-9.2 digital surround sound (both subs used to resemble the sounds for engines)
-Elite(tm) Joystick/pad combo
-Elite(tm) Commanders Chair with dual usb2 connections
-720k 3.5" floppy disk drive

hehe
i gotta love the old floppy drives, lol!
i reckon, if u were to buy all that gear, you'd need a shed load of cash to get it..

insidah said:

now, as you may already know, u cant beta test until you at least own the following hardware

-quad core 6ghz cpu
-16gb RAM (ddr2)
-blue ray optical drive

hehe
i reckon, if u were to buy all that gear, you'd need a shed load of cash to get it..

Well thats a pretty out dated spec you have there, I'll have to dust down that old PC in the attick.

Karl said:
Actually, no, I wouldn't like to betatest ;)

Aside from the technical issues in betatesting (*can* be risky in some cases), I wouldn't like to lose all the surprices the game would have to offer.

I feel the same way. Where would the thrill be in getting the game when you've already played it to death? If others want that - fine; not me :(

I honestly think I am very suitable for beta testing. I have a very widw knowledge of Elite and I have good bug finding skills. If David Braben reads this i'd like him to PM me, I have alot to offer...

But where is m1rkd1rk? He has twice stated that he is particularly suited to beta testing and yet he hasn't been online for the last 7 years... is DB aware that the testing is potentially going on without him?! :eek: He has a lot to offer! :D

Chances are he's probably started a new account since then :)

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
Kudos to the folk who were hanging around back then waiting for any scrap of information about the next Elite game. Even more kudos to those that are still here!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
I feel the same way. Where would the thrill be in getting the game when you've already played it to death? If others want that - fine; not me :(

Funny when the past comes back on here, I had a similar post come back to haunt me recently. :D

hahaha yeah, I posted a prediction of "minimum specs" required to play elite4.. hahaha

how the past comes back to haunt us.

Where have you guys been? haha! :)

As per todays newsletter, compared to the prediction I made in 2006...

Currently our recommended PC* specification for the game is:
Direct X 11
2GHz Quad Core CPU
2 GB System RAM (more is always better)
DX 10 hardware GPU with 1GB video ram e.g. Nvidia GTX 260, ATI 4870HD

-quad core 6ghz cpu
-16gb RAM (ddr2)
-blue ray optical drive

hehe

Top Bottom