better OnRide Events

Hi there,

just a small Idea after playing RCT3 again (to shorten waiting time):

You all know that Rode Events like the attacking T-Rex, errupting Volcano..etc, which can be linked to Trackparts for activating the Animation?
Who else means, that this method is very unefficiant and frustrating in timing the right moment, so the trains don't miss the animation or pass before?

I think those Event-Animatronic is awesome, but we need a better Event handle for activating those Effects. Something like a Triggerzone, that can freely be passed along the complete Track, to make timing an event easier.

+10000 !

I really hope :

Animated Scenery (like the sort of "monster" from the DevDiaryPart2 video : so 3D objects that you can put on a platform, itself programable, to make sort of "animatronics" easily)
MzKOGu4.jpg

Like I said here : https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/182-Modding-support?p=5527&viewfull=1#post5527

With something like this, we could have a lot of "animatronics" created by the players themselves.

Even by using the objects of the game or that we have downloaded, it would be possible to put something on the platform to make, a chair that moves alone, or a tree falling on the path, for example.

Of course to do that, we need 2 or 3 different "hydraulic robots" (like this one below) to attach objects and to recreate all possible movements :

pe-page-scan2-cutout.jpg

Add this :
- A "better system" to trigger the programmed animation
- Some "animatronics and events by trigger" made by the team in the initial game (pending the community creates content)

... and you have the most inovative "animatronics builder tool" ever seen in a video game allowing players to unleash their imagination, with virtually no limits. [yesnod]

Just thinking about it, this makes me dream !!!
This is the ideal tool for coasters, dark rides, boat ride, miniature train, indoor logflume, etc... And visit a darkride (in the first-person) with this kind of thing would be a real surprise (personally, I would be curious to see what players have imagined every time I would climb into one of their rides)

I agree with the idea even if I found that the RCT 3 animatronics system wasn't so bad. However it could have been better so i can't wait to see how nice it will be !

I agree with the idea even if I found that the RCT 3 animatronics system wasn't so bad. However it could have been better so i can't wait to see how nice it will be !
It was very complicated to create his own animatronics with RCT3 (had to necessarily be 3D modeler)

It was hard for those who was just "gamer" [sad]

Last edited:
I too hope for lots and lots of ride event triggers. I would love to recreate parks from Universal and Disney. Most of the rides are majority ride triggered events. Today they are combining 3D motion simulator scenes with track rides. An example would be Harry Potter Escape from Gringgotts.[video=youtube;DJHfF2udZv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJHfF2udZv8[/video]

Top Bottom