Newcomer / Intro Better Small Pulse Laser than G or F -> Sidewinder

Hi all did anybody see a better Pulse Laser for the Sidewinder in any outfitting shop/station?

I checked many but only see Class1 G or F (standard installed), and G is worster than F of course, so is it not possible to upgrade the weapons of the Sidey?

Weapon grades do not work the same way as other modules. The standard small fixed pulse laser is always grade F, the small gimballed pulse laser is marginally weaker to make up for its auto-tracking and is always grade G. Pulse laser grades compare across the whole size and mounting type range of pulse lasers, to go higher than F you need to look at medium pulse lasers. You can't fit those in a small hardpoint, so even if they are in stock the outfitting screen won't show them to you.

I think type f & g are the highest class 1 pulse lasers you can buy, same goes for burst lasers. class 1 beam lasers go up to type e I think. To get higher types you need a higher class weapon slot. I.e bigger ship.
Also check the icon type in the box, a crosshairs means fixed lasers, two ovals means gimballed and turret means what it says.
Gimballed lasers have slightly less power than fixed lasers of the same class.
Oh and always check the power requirements when buying new weapons, otherwise you will find that you may lose power to half your ship when you deploy hard points.

Top Bottom