Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four 3.3 - Patch Notes

It looks like these are just the "initial" patch notes for each item, with none of the extra changes made in Beta 2 onwards.

Hopefully that's because they just forget to add them to the file.

I really hope that's the case or there will be words....

naughty words....

and I suspect I won't be the only one!

Based on wording, it sounds like they might have undone that, which is bad news for those of us expecting a freed up slot...

Unless of course, they just forgot to change from the original wording if the first beta notes.

Here is hoping! That beta freed up slot gave me a lot of options for expanding my Krait role options.

So still no change to the localization of the AFMU in French ?

It's been years that we can't see the remaining AFMU ammo while out in the void as the module name is too long. I report it at almost every beta, it get noticed but never fixed :(

I'll see if it's changed in this build but as it's not in the patch notes I guess it's not.

Can't wait to get back in 3.3, loved the beta :)

So still no change to the localization of the AFMU in French ?

It's been years that we can't see the remaining AFMU ammo while out in the void as the module name is too long. I report it at almost every beta, it get noticed but never fixed :(

I'll see if it's changed in this build but as it's not in the patch notes I guess it's not.

Can't wait to get back in 3.3, loved the beta :)

Don some yellow vests and demand a QoL fix to your language. :D

• Discovery Scanner upgraded to include access to the new Full Spectral System (FSS) scanner mode

• Players use the FSS Mode to discover stellar bodies, stellar phenomenon, USSs, scenarios, distress calls, mission targets and more
  • There is now only one Discovery Scanner available in game, which is based on the basic variant. Commanders that have purchased either the intermediate or advanced scanners will receive a credit refund
Interesting. Nothing in the patch notes indicates that the discovery scanner would now be automatically present on all ships and would not need a module any more. Is this just missing from the patch notes, or will the discovery scanner module continue to exist?

Can someone form @Fdev confirm that the Dedicated Mission Server is live with the 3.3 patch?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Interesting. Nothing in the patch notes indicates that the discovery scanner would now be automatically present on all ships and would not need a module any more. Is this just missing from the patch notes, or will the discovery scanner module continue to exist?

It is going to be interesting to find out. I read a few posts in the threads of folks selling off their modules. Might be in interesting Forum Rage fest in the making.

I made it to the end! Quite a read.

Seems to be quite a comprehensive list. Nice work FD. [up]

Pleased to see a fix for the "over two CMDR's driving SRV's in same location buzz crash" on consoles.

It is going to be interesting to find out. I read a few posts in the threads of folks selling off their modules. Might be in interesting Forum Rage fest in the making.
*shrug* I yesterday did sell all my ADSes. But it really doesn't matter. They can be bought again quickly. Only the two HPRs which I engineered up are then, currently, a bit of a waste. But that's just a temporary thing, there'll always be new ships, which can use some HRPs. :)

Patch notes are always exciting times for people eager to see some fixes, but I've rode this time and time again, with everyone being all "Yay" and "Wow I'm impressed" style, then the update flat out trashes something or even old glitches rear their ugly heads again.

I'm taking the cautious approach because every major update has had a major issue of some kind and this is FD's most ambitious update of the year. So I'm hoping to be impressed, but expecting to be disappointed somewhere. I will keep an open mind, however, and wait for those servers to come up. 😋.

Here's hoping this has truly been tested and working as intended. 👍 Hopefully.

yeah a lot of people only see the things that fix not the things that break again or after … or new bugs.. but the team is active and I feel work hard to keep up with the community .. Great Job excited as hell lmao

I'm too stupid for the patch notes and the exploration changes :) .

The only thing I'm sure about is the Advanced Discovery Scanner is history, right?

But what about the FSS and the DSS? Are there still two scanners or is FSS a sub-mode of the DSS and is the DSS the only scanner remaining? Do we just need one slot for full range discovery scanning in the future or still two (FSS + DSS)?

Top Bottom