Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four 3.3 - Patch Notes

Yes you can.

You can Honk, with that you know the number of bodies in the system, them you enter the FSS mode and you just need to check the signals ruler to see if there is something you want to map further. That's it.

You say yes then describe something different. The game no longer provides the feature Skip Rockbounder is describing.

You say yes then describe something different. The game no longer provides the feature Skip Rockbounder is describing.

I think he got a little mixed up with his interpretation, easy to do, perhaps he was thinking about the bubble...

ATM the 'old' way is dead, long live the new :)

But you never know what today's patch may bring...

Last edited:
I think he got a little mixed up with his interpretation, easy to do, perhaps he was thinking about the bubble...

Yeah I'm hoping FDev see sense & just make the new stuff a straight improvement to the game. There was no good reason to remove the old stuff.

ETA Nope :(

Last edited:
I personally prefer it.

I don't know. I see plenty of complaints about the new exploration system but I prefer it myself. It has more of a "real" feel to it. I always felt it was kind of cheap that I could hold a button and map an entire system, and its basic planet types but then flew in circle through said system and spent 10 or 20 seconds with a scan on each planet to get detailed information. As complaints go I get why it might be irritating. This takes away the quick peek at the system that makes it easy to target exploring one particular type of astral body. But at the same time, instead of "honking" and looking at the system map you now can "honk" then check the FSS. In about the same amount of time you can scroll the slider and see if there are any bodies that match what you're looking for. For me it takes less time now to check what I'm looking for. And -far- less time overall to map an entire system than before, all while feeling like I'm actually doing something which resembles scientific study of the system. But that's just my two cents. I get that most people want simple things. But I never thought Elite Dangerous was meant to be simple. I prefer that it is complex. If simple was my thing I'd go play some on-the-rails space shooter.

Yeah... interpretations are funny old things, you can leave bits out that don't suit the model you wish to promote or simply describe something completely different and go for a misunderstanding.

Riverside is right though in that the game (as far as I can see) no longer supports the flash in and look that it used to, one has to STOP and open a mini game and look at the wiggly lines that might correspond to something of interest... that is not what I have enjoyed over the last 2000+ hours of Elite Dangerous.

The 'Old' system map could have been retained but toned down (black dots), there was no need to remove gameplay from many Explorers (those people NOT in the cradle of the bubble) especially when it was known that a given section of players (2.8% :x ) would be affected adversely... namely Traveller Explorers.

Last edited:
Hi Commanders.
I'm really not sure what the fuss is about.
I'm a treveller explorer and I really like the new system.
Sure, there's more to learn, but the original "Honk" has been replaced with an automatic mapping of any bodies in range, and you can add to that with an actual "Honk" to map the rest.
Evrything else is neatly where it should be so if there's any complaints to be had the only one I would say would be the excessive number if keybinds needed for the improved system.
Sadly I ran out of buttons on my Logitech joypad some time ago :¬P and have now reached the stage where I need to hold down 3 buttons at once to perform some actions. (If only the Logitech F710 supported that feature *shrug*).

Fly safe and be dangerous commanders.

Last edited:
Hi Commanders.
I'm really not sure what the fuss is about.
I'm a treveller explorer and I really like the new system.
Sure, there's more to learn, but the original "Honk" has been replaced with an automatic mapping of any bodies in range, and you can add to that with an actual "Honk" to map the rest.
Evrything else is neatly where it should be so if there's any complaints to be had the only one I would say would be the excessive number if keybinds needed for the improved system.
Sadly I ran out of buttons on my Logitech joypad some time ago :¬P and have now reached the stage where I need to hold down 3 buttons at once to perform some actions. (If only the Logitech F710 supported that feature *shrug*).

Fly safe and be dangerous commanders.

You can assign buttons, you've already in use for e.g. pipcontrol. Once you are in FSS mode the buttons are just for FSS.
I am using a thrustmaster joystick.
I am entering FSS with 8+9 and for example in flying mode i control my pips with the little thumjoy but once i am in FSS it's used for zoom. Or my U-Axis is for thruster up-down in flying and for tuning freqency in FSS

Btw: I like the new way of discovery very much.
I do nearly everythin the game is offering. Before the new discovery modes i didn't that much exploring and researching as I am doing now. Scanning the system and mapping the planets, landing on a interesting planet and look around the geological sights and so on.
Mining is much more fun now. Blast Asteroids into peaces is just so much fun and by now I am able to fly my Type-9 through the debris without hitting every peace of chunk :D

The only thing I am not very fond of is the new way the conflict zones are working. Waiting - idk 10 mins - until the next round begins is a bit hmmm … slowing down the fighting gameplay. And there are still no Massacre missions offered by minor factions which makes it much less profitable - as well as reputation as credit income and I am pretty sure it affects BGS as well because of the lack of influence missing due to missing massacre missions.
I hope they will do a little fix on that.

So, greetings earthlings ^^

Yes you can.

You can Honk, with that you know the number of bodies in the system, them you enter the FSS mode and you just need to check the signals ruler to see if there is something you want to map further. That's it.

Indeed! I travelled to Sagittarius forth anb back just using honk. I discovered systems (puttin my name) and earned more than 50M.

Wait, there's a 10 min gap between rounds? That can't be intentional surely?

Only if you remain in the instance I think. You can visit another CZ or I think jumping out & back in again should restart it (worked in beta, not tried in live).

There is a daily limit a single player can have anyway, I've been hopping between CZ POIs.

Since I installed this update the launcher displays... (0.4.6496.0 available, see news) ...only I don't see anything about this in any news anywhere. Is anyone else seeing this?

Since I installed this update the launcher displays... (0.4.6496.0 available, see news) ...only I don't see anything about this in any news anywhere. Is anyone else seeing this?

I am also seeing this- can't find the news or force a launcher update. The game is otherwise running well. The API interface to EDDI and EDMC is broken with both reporting servers offline. I have not had a serious look at fixing them yet.

Only if you remain in the instance I think. You can visit another CZ or I think jumping out & back in again should restart it (worked in beta, not tried in live).

There is a daily limit a single player can have anyway, I've been hopping between CZ POIs.

Yah, i just staid in the CZ waiting for the next round to begin. I didn't look at the hourglass, but I think it could have been 10 mins. Sounds at least intentionaly, as I think FDevs wanted ppl to have time to return to a base, restock, repair and so on. But I think it slows down Combat Gameplay. At least it does for me.
I don't know if it works to jump out and back in again. In solo or a private group it could eventually work or even in open, if everyone leaves the CZ.
Another thing, I tried another CZ (high intensity) and it was a dogfight between two Anacondas. I had to protect the Conda on my Team and helping to destroy the other. The enemy Conda had 12% left and engaged FSD. My team Conda disappeared as well and I fought for nothing - end of round. Maybe i should've destroyed the enemies FSD. But still, it doesnt feel like a high intensity CZ anymore. If I want to have a 1on1 or 1on2 I go and make some bounties or assasination missions… it's more rewarding at this time (including BGS)
The other way around - and at that one I am not sure if its intentionaly - CZ Begins and 7 Enemy ships appear but none of my Team. Enemy ships are mostly Elite ranked and opening fire at once, just listening to a radio chat telling me i have to destroy Spec ops command… yeah 1vs7. But that one was before the hotfix patch.

As long as it remains that way, i wont do CZ. Or at least not that much i did before.
*shrug* I got plenty other things to do ingame which are more fun now. But still, I am missing the Stellar Wars skirmish Feeling, dropping in a CZ, see a load of laser- rocket- blasterfire and ships chasing each other, building flocks of devastating firepower and getting in the middle of it trying to destroy as much enemies as I can before I have to leave to get a quick repair and handing in combat bonds just to turn around as fast as I can to join the battle again…

Greetings earthlings
good night, good fight

I visited my store page, the 'my downloadable products' page & downloaded the latest client installer from there. Normally it shows a message saying there is a new client available & would I like to install it, don't know why it didn't this time :)

I visited my store page, the 'my downloadable products' page & downloaded the latest client installer from there. Normally it shows a message saying there is a new client available & would I like to install it, don't know why it didn't this time :)
Crazy but true. Hardly "see news" though. Thank you. [smile]

Top Bottom